• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Passenger side fastback interior rear quarter panel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 429
1972 Mustang Convertible 302
Does anyone have a 71 passenger side inner quarter panel for a fastback? Color isn’t that important but it needs to be a 71 without the seatbelt hole.

Picture below shows the drivers side part for reference.

Attachments

• 1365E37F-3299-4A54-9462-73D8028DC507.jpeg
    1365E37F-3299-4A54-9462-73D8028DC507.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 0
The quarter trim panels from Scott Drake on CJ Pony's website have bad reviews. People complain about bad fit and having to trim/modify them. Does anyone have experience with these? I have been searching for used pieces as well with no luck.

The quarter trim panels from Scott Drake on CJ Pony's website have bad reviews. People complain about bad fit and having to trim/modify them. Does anyone have experience with these? I have been searching for used pieces as well with no luck.
What year do you need? 71 or 72/73?

Nearly unobtanium today... 71 being a one year only run on these. I needed them a few years back as mine were rough with speaker holes cut out. I tried for two years to find, no luck. I restored my originals and they turned out nice, but with speaker hole cut outs. I kept my eye open and one day i saw a set of vermillion in near NOS condition come up on ehay... I wound up winning them for $200 including shipping to North of the Border (from Cali). They had been in the guys attic for 25 years. I would have rather traded these for a nice original white set, but I knew that was not going to be possible today, so I redid them in white for my car. I got lucky, but I was also watching every day to see what would come up. Hopefully something will come along for you.

I have 2 unmodified non cracked 73's if you decide they are too hard to come by

Attachments

• IMG_7178.JPG
    IMG_7178.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 1
Mine are in pretty decent condition. But for me what is more frustrating are the corner pieces behind those, that adjoin with the carpeted trunk access door in models with fold-down rear seats. Mine are presentable but rather dry rotted. Scratch them the wrong way it it looks like grains of sand in your hand.

I have contemplating a way to correctly replace them and would love some feedback.

Just about everything can be 3-D printed nowadays. I am thinking of going to the local University 3-D printing lab to see if they can be scanned and reproduced. I have other interior pieces in which the grain can be exemplified/duplicated. I suspect due to their size it will be expensive but it is a one-time, buy. The 3-D repros with fit because they will be direct copies.

Anyone have any thoughts about this? And BTW, 3-D Printing can solve a LOT of our needs for plastic parts we can't get, otherwise. After next season and during next winter I will pursue this idea.

I thought you said on eBay, that you wouldn't ship anymore?
Don't remember that. I ship packages almost every day. I can't ship sheet metal anymore as Greyhound discontinued shipping packages on the buses.

I have a set of black 71 panels. I replaced mine with some from a 73 which were in better condition.
Mine have several issues. Driver side is very dry rotted and flakey, passenger side is better. They need new windlace. I had added roll down quarter windows so both have holes for a crank. And the kicker, they are stored on a shelf behind the car stored for winter.

Don't remember that. I ship packages almost every day. I can't ship sheet metal anymore as Greyhound discontinued shipping packages on the buses.
Yes, it was the Greyhound issue. I was looking at your fenders and Greyhound stopped shipping.

I have a 71 in blue. Some sun rot but uncut. 20 plus shipping. Thanks

Back