PDB master cylinder rebuilt kit availability?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 429
1972 Mustang Convertible 302
For those that want to keep their original PDB master cylinders where are you getting your rebuild kits from as it seems they are either discontinued or out of stock everywhere.

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang convert
I found this post where David mentions getting kit from NPD
You can rebuild the master cylinder also I get the kits from NPD.

Was NPD one of the sources that is out of stock?

This is the link to the original post about booster rebuild but he mentioned master cylinder rebuild kit.

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 429
1972 Mustang Convertible 302
I found this post where David mentions getting kit from NPD

Was NPD one of the sources that is out of stock?

This is the link to the original post about booster rebuild but he mentioned master cylinder rebuild kit.
Unfortunately they were. I might have found one from some obscure website so we will see if it shows up.

Fredensborg

I like music, languages, weaponry, and freedom.
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
1980 Bronco
A couple modern Fords
Unfortunately they were. I might have found one from some obscure website so we will see if it shows up.
Did you ever receive your master cylinder rebuild kit? I need to do this as well, and I’m having trouble finding a kit.

Reaction score
My Car
71 convertible
If you do find a rebuild kit you'll likely pay more than a new master cylinder costs. You can get a new Centric for $30 from Rock Auto.
I haven't bought a Centric master cylinder, yet, but the other Centric brake parts I've bought were very good quality.
Doesn't work if you want to keep the original...

Fredensborg

I like music, languages, weaponry, and freedom.
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
1980 Bronco
A couple modern Fords
Ya, I’ve got a master cylinder coming in the afternoon from NAPA just so I can safely drive…I’ll keep my original master cylinder and rebuild it when a kit becomes available. I watched a couple videos on rebuilding them, looks like a breeze compared to the steering box!! 😀

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportroof M code
The problem with rebuilding master cylinders on cars that have been sitting for long periods of time is rust pitting the bore, which is usually the reason for needing a rebuild. There are places that can sleeve them with brass or stainless steel liners.