PDB master cylinder rebuilt kit availability?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 429
1972 Mustang Convertible 302
For those that want to keep their original PDB master cylinders where are you getting your rebuild kits from as it seems they are either discontinued or out of stock everywhere.

Unfortunately they were. I might have found one from some obscure website so we will see if it shows up.
Did you ever receive your master cylinder rebuild kit? I need to do this as well, and I’m having trouble finding a kit.

Ya, I’ve got a master cylinder coming in the afternoon from NAPA just so I can safely drive…I’ll keep my original master cylinder and rebuild it when a kit becomes available. I watched a couple videos on rebuilding them, looks like a breeze compared to the steering box!! 😀

The problem with rebuilding master cylinders on cars that have been sitting for long periods of time is rust pitting the bore, which is usually the reason for needing a rebuild. There are places that can sleeve them with brass or stainless steel liners.

Back