Pics of Medium Lime Metallic w/ Red Interior

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 J Code Mach 1
1972 H Code Mach 1
Viewing the thread covering the resto of bdkunha's medium lime metallic 72 got me thinking seriously about that color. My 72 was originally red with a red interior. I can't handle a red car. Does anyone have any pictures of a lime car with a red interior? Am I taking crazy pills? Ugly combo?

Thanks!

Boy that just doesn't sound right but I would have to see it to decide. The most classic color choices would be Red, White or Black.

Why not change the interior color?

Red exteriors for me have been unlucky, so it's part superstition and part wanting something different. The car is in part primer and part poor gray Maaco repaint, so it needs something.

As for the interior, the previous owner had purchased a lot of new stuff (seat covers, re-dyed the quarter interior panels etc.) so I figured I would stick with it.

I had thought about a black exterior also as I had a black '71 FB when I was a kid...

I think there were some pre-production pics of green cars with red interior (maybe 1970 model?) but don't think there were any production 71-73's with that combo... unless a special order?

Ray

I think there were some pre-production pics of green cars with red interior (maybe 1970 model?) but don't think there were any production 71-73's with that combo... unless a special order?

Ray
Ray, those had to be Christmas cars :p

Frankly, it sounds like a pretty awful combination to me. If you're not going to stick with the original body color, why not change the interior color as well? Black or Ginger would be great with the Lime body color. On the other hand, Black body color with Red interior is right up my alley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly, it sounds like a pretty awful combination to me. If you're not going to stick with the original body color, why not change the interior color as well? Black or Ginger would be great with the Lime body color. On the other hand, Black body color with Red interior is right up my alley.
I think the OP is trying to avoid redoing the interior because the Previous Owner just redid it all in red and he doesn't want to replace a brand new interior.

That being said, I'd be curious to see a few of this color combination, it sounds like it could be slick looking, or sick looking. Not sure which.

I think the OP is trying to avoid redoing the interior because the Previous Owner just redid it all in red and he doesn't want to replace a brand new interior.

That being said, I'd be curious to see a few of this color combination, it sounds like it could be slick looking, or sick looking. Not sure which.
I gathered that alright, but I personally wouldn't let the existing interior color dictate the body color. My stance on this, however, is influenced by my idea that the interior needs to come out anyway, if the car is to be painted.

Check out page C-23 "Mustang Color and Trim Selections" from the

72 Mustang Facts Book (rev 1-72) in our WIKI

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-facts-book-rev-1-72

It shows (for 1972) for all body types,

Vermillion, code AE only available with White 9A, Bright Red 2B and Light Pewter Metallic 5A.

I assume this to be the same or similar for other years. BUt I have yet to check that! :)

Ray

I gathered that alright, but I personally wouldn't let the existing interior color dictate the body color. My stance on this, however, is influenced by my idea that the interior needs to come out anyway, if the car is to be painted.
I agree that the interior has to come out. If the OP wants to sell that Red Interior I might be interested!

I have a red car right now, but it's eventually going to be while, so a complete strip is in order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The right color green will be important.

47591d1171671213-2005-elise-racing-green-red-interior-sold-4-05eliseforsale017_original.jpg

55ragtop010.jpg

31794026788560667307712.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray
Ray, those had to be Christmas cars :p
Nope, that would be a red car with green interior.

Ray

I had a Pewter 71 Mach with red interior back in late 70's early 80's. (Same as the brochure) Did not like the red so I changed it to black. As I look back, that was just another rookie mistake I made with some of my cars....

Funny you should say that- I got out of a 71 Mach project built the same way. It had a Vermillion Deluxe interior and was very complete but mega-rusted. I didn't have the heart to part it out but should have...

I found a Boss 302 with that combo back in the late 80s for sale for $5000 couldn't get Dad to buy it.

Back