• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Plastic Sleeved Seat Belt Receiver.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 CJ 4 speed HIGHLY Optioned
Hello Fellow Enthusiasts; Looking for a black plastic sleeved seat belt for a 1973 Mach 1. It is the seat belt section that attaches to the transmission tunnel.

I believe it called "Receiver Type".

Part is approx 14 inches long. Driver & Passenger sides are interchangeable. Thanks!, Mark

Well here's the "Update"...phoned & talked to the gentlemen at python restoration, VERY NICE GUY!!...informed me that the infamous 1973 Mach 1 "Exploding Seat Belt" was a 1 year only application due to it's inferior design.

So I'm looking for a "1" year only seat belt that's CRAPPY!!!...Mark

Well here's the "Update"...phoned & talked to the gentlemen at python restoration, VERY NICE GUY!!...informed me that the infamous 1973 Mach 1 "Exploding Seat Belt" was a 1 year only application due to it's inferior design.

So I'm looking for a "1" year only seat belt that's CRAPPY!!!...Mark
Post a picture if you can, I have a bunch of belts in my way. I may have exactly what you need.

Hello Fellow Enthusiasts; Looking for a black plastic sleeved seat belt for a 1973 Mach 1. It is the seat belt section that attaches to the transmission tunnel.

I believe it called "Receiver Type".

Part is approx 14 inches long. Driver & Passenger sides are interchangeable. Thanks!, Mark
Hi Mark,

You mean this?

eddyw

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have the silver metal receiver? That wouldn't be the exploding seat belt type. The exploding one is plastic front, pot metal black on back. It's in eddyw's picture. They made it sleeved and non-sleeved. Eddyw's is the non-sleeved one. You must have retractable part and buckle matched. There are at least three insert sizes. Two use a black plastic receiver, one a silver metal (maybe chrome don't remember they're in the shop). I have a sleeved pair of buckles like eddyw's style.

Hello Judge; Just checked the car/seat belt receiver, & it is the black plastic surround with the silver ( sun burst pattern) middle push button.

I should have been more exact prior to posting the link I attached as it does not represent the "exact" type/style I have.

If the buckle in the link was a black surround with the silver sunburst pattern center push button, then it would represent what I have/am looking for...Appreciate your time & input...THANKS!!!...Mark

Hello Judge; Just checked the car/seat belt receiver, & it is the black plastic surround with the silver ( sun burst pattern) middle push button.

I should have been more exact prior to posting the link I attached as it does not represent the "exact" type/style I have.

If the buckle in the link was a black surround with the silver sunburst pattern center push button, then it would represent what I have/am looking for...Appreciate your time & input...THANKS!!!...Mark
What you are describing sounds like what Eddy posted. Do you have a picture of the original buckle?

What you are describing sounds like what Eddy posted. Do you have a picture of the original buckle?
The "receiver" is the exact same style as Eddy posted, difference is mine has a plastic sleeve covering the entire length of the strap.
i will try & post a picture ( I'm the equivalent of a second grader when it comes to the computer) will have my girlfriend help...Mark

The "receiver" is the exact same style as Eddy posted, difference is mine has a plastic sleeve covering the entire length of the strap.
i will try & post a picture ( I'm the equivalent of a second grader when it comes to the computer) will have my girlfriend help...Mark
I know what you mean now. My belts have the whole length plastic parts.

Hello jbobo; I like this style as the seat belt receiver having the plastic sleeve, positions the receiver for immediate accessibility, NO digging around for it between the seat & transmission tunnel as is often the case with the other style ( non plastic sleeved receiver).

Now just NEED to FIND "1"!...Mark

Hello jbobo; I like this style as the seat belt receiver having the plastic sleeve, positions the receiver for immediate accessibility, NO digging around for it between the seat & transmission tunnel as is often the case with the other style ( non plastic sleeved receiver).

Now just NEED to FIND "1"!...Mark
Yeah I agree. I checked my second set of belts and it has the shorter sleeve.

Mark,

Here is a pic of what mine look like from my 73. Think this is what you are describing, please note these are deluxe belts.

audor7.jpg

Mark,

Here is a pic of what mine look like from my 73. Think this is what you are describing, please note these are deluxe belts.

audor7.jpg
Mine have the same sleeve however it is not the deluxe buckle, it is similar to what Eddy posted. They have the black plastic around the pushbutton that crack with age and then the innards fall out.

Hello Paul; EXACTLY what I have been informed/told!!!...in regards to " 1 year ONLY part"!!!

On aside note Paul...Do you fish for sturgeon at the Mothball Fleet??!!...Mark

I know what you mean now. My belts have the whole length plastic parts.

Mark,

audor7.jpg
Mine have the same sleeve however it is not the deluxe buckle, it is similar to what Eddy posted. They have the black plastic around the pushbutton that crack with age and then the innards fall out.

I have the same sleeved receiver in my 73.

After a year of looking on ebay EVERYDAY I have never seen one up for sale.

THAT is a rare 1 year only part like the engine mount.

Good Luck

Paul
EXACTLY...The black plastic sleeve, EXCEPT!, with the black metal surround receiver with the silver/chrome center...Mark

Back