Power Brake Assist is weak

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit I am embarrassed by this deal. I feel like I am making a bunch of stupid mistakes.
Kcmash
Using Hemi's method is the best. I think that every instruction I've seen for adjusting hydraulic lifters is the turn the push rod. I've tried it, never worked good for me, could never be sure where zero lash was.

In other words, not your mistake, blame the instructions and whoever wrote them, obviously someone who never tried it out first. Wiggle them, don't turn them.

I have serious issues with some of the documentation (not) supplied by many of these companies. You often have to dig deep into their website to find mention of important information on their products, or it just plain doesn't exist. You often have to call them and pump the tech guys for info to get what you really need. It's a tremendous waste of my and their time, just publish the info on the website so it's easily accessible without a phone call.

I'd try 1/2 turn. If it holds compression, button it up and try a test run.

What are you running for oil?
I am running 10w 40 since putting the roller in. I may be straight 40 weight, I forget.
Kcmash

Test drive this morning. Having #7 backing action is NICE! Brakes have a slight improvement.

Addendum to my post #4 above.
Here is a pic of the power brake vacuum booster my friend added to his Torino with a 429. He tells me that a PO had installed a vacuum canister, but it didn't work. (You can't increase vacuum above the max vacuum the motor will draw). The addition of the pump has worked well. It is switchable, so can be turned off if desired. He leaves it on all the time.

Attachments

• 20220813_095436.jpg
    20220813_095436.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 20220813_095623.jpg
    20220813_095623.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 1
Back