Power Steering Hose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello mpbsr,

Man, I had a time when I decided to replace all of the power steering hoses per the recommendation of the person who rebuilt my Saginaw power steering box. The return hose caused me the most headaches.

I am going out on limb here, I sure this is what he is looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970s-and-up-Ford-Power-Steering-Pressure-Hose-Adapter-Steel-Line-at-Pump-/251773708689?hash=item3a9ee1e991&vxp=mtr

The Part number D1AZ-3E576-A is one difficult part to find and it is not reproduced either.

Lets us know the out come!

mustang7173

Hello mpbsr,

Man, I had a time when I decided to replace all of the power steering hoses per the recommendation of the person who rebuilt my Saginaw power steering box. The return hose caused me the most headaches.

I am going out on limb here, I sure this is what he is looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970s-and-up-Ford-Power-Steering-Pressure-Hose-Adapter-Steel-Line-at-Pump-/251773708689?hash=item3a9ee1e991&vxp=mtr

The Part number D1AZ-3E576-A is one difficult part to find and it is not reproduced either.

Lets us know the out come!

mustang7173

Man oh man....thanks for finding that.

I called the shop and that's the part.

So even though it's used (obviously) and says for a 1971, hopefully it will fit and not leak.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
yup that hard line goes from the back of the pump up into the bracket it is the only hose part not reproduced.

you can get away without using it. some people just feed the high pressure hose right to the back of the pump, it can cause problems with the exhaust, but some people get away with it using zip ties.

i had an extra one i gave a away a couple years ago.

an issue with that hardline is it rusts and rubs the bracket so over time many of them get a pinhole leak.

mpbsr,

Let us know if that one falls through. I may have one available. I will look on Friday.

mustang7173
I did a BIN on ebay and should have it next week. Figured for $10 WTH.

Thanks for the offer and will let you know how it goes.

The new (actually old) part is in and still leaking a little on the female connection.

The shop said maybe Lucas power steering stop leak. but there's no gasket/washer with this part.

So how could Lucas stop the leak?

It can't. He just doesn't want to go back and fix it.
Not sure what to do at this point, because he did change the part (OEM), with another OEM part that I purchased (ebay) since there is no repo part made for this.

Part of the frustrating thing is that there's no seal on this part. If it's tight enough then it shouldn't leak. Obviously, there's something else going on.

Because that is the high-pressure line, even a slight imperfection will leak. It might be a blemish on the new part, or there may be a reason the seller sold the used part. A tiny piece of debris will cause a leak and can cause a pit in the fitting surface that will leak. The high pressure leak can also erode the fitting surface, making the leak worse.

I would remove the fitting and check for debris and visible imperfections. Then loosen and re-tighten the fitting 3 or 4 times to see if an imperfection can be "ironed out".

Back