Power Steering pump hose index bracket

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it does a couple of things -  keeps the hose from being bent and holds it back from the heat of exhaust manifold.  There is a tube section from the pump outlet, up though this bracket and the pressure hose is connected to the top end of this.  Do you have this tube piece ?  Very scarce  ( see other posts on this topic )  Most make their own as I did.

Good fun.

PKJ

My pump is off getting the front seal replaced to cure fluid leak.  I intend to take pics when I get it back ( today ? ? ) as this has been a problem for a while.

I'll watch this thread and come back when ready.  Others will probably jump in as well.  All good.

PKJ

O K - back in business.  This is the bracket & tube section for the back of the pump.  Can only load this pic for now so look for two more coming.  The tube section was made to suit general positioning so not 100 % accurate against O E M.

P S pump parts..JPG

My max is 2.44MB so unable to load any more.  Is there a way around this ? 

This is the best pic I have without retaking one or two. You can see the bracket and the HP tube. And yes IMO it needs to be there. If you need more info, I can take a couple more pics tomorrow. Also note the correct clamp on the LP hose connection.

DSC00012 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Now got another to load up.  This is pre-assembly and again, not genuine configuration.  One tip:  when we made these, I used ends with a hex section that is held with one wrench while the fitting is tightened with a second tool to save twisting the tube piece.  Also modified the top end as the place I worked with could not match the thread on the end of the hose.  Had to cut off & re-fit to use the 9/16" JIC male shown here.  Serves the purpose, job done.

Will try to load the final installation pic next.

P S parts fitted..JPG

Last one - not the best but should be enough to see the end result.  This connection brings the pressure line up where you can get at it.   Took the dipstick out for this pic.    Hope all this helps you tidy it up.

Have fun.

Installed. .JPG

Going back 4.5 years, 73pony here was able to create and bend a new S tube for the power steering pump as my old one was leaking and finding a used one is about impossible. 

Back