Prices up for 71s at Mecum Auctions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1971mach1

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1
Mecum on Friday had three 71 fastbacks in a row sell for good prices:

A 429 Mach1 fully restored for $46K

A Boss 351 great origional cond also for $46K

and the surprise, a 71 Mach1 with a 351/c6 fully restored for $47k!

I saw those go across the block; I was surprised the Blue Mach one went for more than the other two; although it was sharp looking. Beat out a Boss 351 and a 429!

Prices are really going up on these then. Maybe I might just hang on to mine longer than planned after the restoration.

I saw those go across the block; I was surprised the Blue Mach one went for more than the other two; although it was sharp looking. Beat out a Boss 351 and a 429!
I agree with you. Dragon Lady and I was there. The 429 Mach had 28 additional factory options! Two pages for the invoice! I think that the Blue and the Grabber Green metallic that was sold a little later went higher because the supply was nearly gone. The first two were the better bang for the buck, IMO.

I can say that I bid on them but was quickly out of the running, but I DID participate!

I saw those about a month ago. I was shocked at the Grabber blue car.From what I saw it didn't even have air.I think it even had the wrong coclor of blue on the engine.It was an M code car. They are all three in this months Mustang Magazine.The Boss shows to be an original 40 something thousand miles,untouched engine compartment needed alot of detailing.The 429 car looked to be very clean.All three came from a collecter in Bama. Maybe our cars are coming into their own. I still don't know what to think about this sale. Mechom seems to be a little more realistic on their prices than the other auction houses, but that blue car is definatly an eye opener!

You MUST be careful with these dealers on Ebay! I got burnt REAL bad buying a vert form a well "known" muscle car dealer in Detroit. I had a local Ford guy go by and check it out for me (first mistake, always pay for a profesional inspection). I took a 10K loss on it just to get out from under it! I paid a premeium price for a rusted hulk,that had been doctored really well, pictures lie some times. I got bit by my wants beating out my common sence. I also listened to the BS the salesman was feeding me, again I had the "gotta have it" blindness. Just be real careful is all I am saying!By the way you can clean a pig up and dress it up,but it is still a pig! That car in the add, has alot of issues for that kind of money! I have seen it for sale before. The spoilers are wrong,and there are some rust issues that appear to be hiding here and there. Be careful guys!!!

Good points. They are asking $29,500 but no telling how much they will get.

As always - buyer beware and look over a car and don't get swept up I gotta have it now thinking.

A few things I noticed: No ram air hoses hooked up to the vacuum motors and those door panels screws have got to go.

Clearly underneath the car is a driver and you would think they would have attempted to make it look a little cleaner.

You MUST be careful with these dealers on Ebay! I got burnt REAL bad buying a vert form a well "known" muscle car dealer in Detroit. I had a local Ford guy go by and check it out for me (first mistake, always pay for a profesional inspection). I took a 10K loss on it just to get out from under it! I paid a premeium price for a rusted hulk,that had been doctored really well, pictures lie some times. I got bit by my wants beating out my common sence. I also listened to the BS the salesman was feeding me, again I had the "gotta have it" blindness. Just be real careful is all I am saying!By the way you can clean a pig up and dress it up,but it is still a pig! That car in the add, has alot of issues for that kind of money! I have seen it for sale before. The spoilers are wrong,and there are some rust issues that appear to be hiding here and there. Be careful guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mecum on Friday had three 71 fastbacks in a row sell for good prices:

A 429 Mach1 fully restored for $46K

A Boss 351 great origional cond also for $46K

and the surprise, a 71 Mach1 with a 351/c6 fully restored for $47k!
I watch Mecum but did not see that auction. Were those Concours restorations and if not did they have matching numbers?

mike

Back