Problem found with Hella LED conversion headlights.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
I have decided that the search for another alternative for sealing the Hella (or similar) LED headlight conversion many of us have done (and if not, why not), is not working out too well. Not to say a rubber seal couldn't be made to work, but the plastic shield idea I came up with, seems to be the best approach. I'll admit it is still to be tested under actual rain conditions, but the "hose test" showed no sign of water getting in. I don't intentionally take the car out in the rain, but I may have too just to prove they really work under actual conditions.
I have identified a couple of small improvements I can make to the vacuum form and with that done and an actual test, I can offer sets for sale if anybody is interested. I'll of course place a For Sale ad in the classifieds, but for now, I'm testing the waters so to speak. I'm not looking to make a fortune, just cover my cost and shipping. I'm think $25 US per set including 1/4-28 (SS if I can get them) nylon lock nuts and washers.
PM if interested please.

Reaction score
My Car
Water Shield Update:

I have finally got this water shield to a point where I could offer them for sale. They will be only made to order and MAY include the need for some trimming by the purchaser. I will discuss each order separately and supply instructions.
Here's is a picture of the finished shield as it fits on my car, but note, the 1/4-28 SS nut is not yet on. It utilizes the headlight adjuster bolt, which is very convenient.
An ad will be placed accordingly.
If anyone has any thoughts or comments, please either post them or PM me directly.
Thanks for your interest.

Attachments

• IMG_2056.JPG
    IMG_2056.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
Reaction score
My Car
Guys, just to be sure, can someone please post a pic of the top side of a standard 71 or 72 (non Mach 1) grill. I need the part that is over the headlight adjacent to the headlight bucket. I'm 99% sure the fit over the headlight is the same, but I'd like to be 100% sure. A close up shot would be preferred. Similar to the shot of mine would be ok too.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2074.JPG
    840.3 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
My Car
I would love to help, but all we have are two 1973 Mustangs...
No problem. There is a guy who lives not too far away from me with a 73. I've arranged to go see his car on the weekend.
From pictures I've seen, I know the grill has more space between the bucket and top of the grill, i.e. a big friggin hole!
Thanks for your reply.