Props and Ponies 2013

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code Mach 1. I am the second owner.
One of my favorite shows. The show is August 17, 2013 at the Skagit Regional Airport in Burlington, WA. Space is limited and there are only 19 spots left for pre 1979 cars.

http://propsandponies.eventbrite.com/#

This is the 4th year for the show and I saw a nice 1971 Mach 1 the first year they had it and I took my 73 Mach 1 last year. These 2 cars are the only 71-73's that have been to the show. I would love to see more show up. In the past the trophies were made out of old Ford pistons and I expect them to be the same this year. Last year I won first place for Stock Classic Fastback.

One of the biggest attractions besides the cars are the planes at the Museum. They fly them all day and the best part is that you get a picture of your car with P-51 Mustangs.

So if you are free that Saturday and want to attend an unique show then sign up before the spots run out.

Hope to see you there.

Ernie

GInger at Props and Ponies 2012.jpg

One of my favorite shows. The show is August 17, 2013 at the Skagit Regional Airport in Burlington, WA. Space is limited and there are only 19 spots left for pre 1979 cars.

http://propsandponies.eventbrite.com/#

This is the 4th year for the show and I saw a nice 1971 Mach 1 the first year they had it and I took my 73 Mach 1 last year. These 2 cars are the only 71-73's that have been to the show. I would love to see more show up. In the past the trophies were made out of old Ford pistons and I expect them to be the same this year. Last year I won first place for Stock Classic Fastback.

One of the biggest attractions besides the cars are the planes at the Museum. They fly them all day and the best part is that you get a picture of your car with P-51 Mustangs.

So if you are free that Saturday and want to attend an unique show then sign up before the spots run out.

Hope to see you there.

Ernie
Sounds great! I just wish I wasn't 3000 miles away!

Just a reminder about the Mustang car show next weekend up at the Skagit Airport. There is a drive on Friday starting at the Mukilteo Ferry dock going to Bellingham via the Whidbey Island coastline and Chucanut drive. Should be a good time if the weather holds out!

Hope to see you there!!

Kevin Depew

Another great show. Got to see another forum member, ComanchePilot44. We also go to see great planes flying by all day. There were a total of 3 71-73 Mach 1's at the show. Pictures of all 3 cars and a video of the 71 Mach in the exhaust competition below.

I was surprised today when I found out they posted more pics from the Props and Ponies event. Here are the three 71-73 Mustangs that were there.

1971 Mach 1-Original owner

1973 Mach 1-Comanche Pilot 44's car

Ginger-My car

Very cool pics, thanks for sharing!

I'll try and make next year's show with my red 71, scheduling with work and travel didn't work out this year. If Pat can make it in his White 73, we'll have a variety of colors to display.

Jim

Jim that would be awesome. If enough Mach 1's pre register we might be able to have our own class. I know the organizer and can drop a bug in his ear.

My wife and I plan on being at Ponies in the Park on Sunday. Barring any unforeseen circumstance we will be there rain or shine.

"Bump"

2014 props and ponies is right around the corner. The show is on August 16, space is limited and there are currently about 50 spots still open for 1964.5 to 1980 Mustangs.

P 51 mustangs and Ford Mustangs always makes for a fun show. Weather permitting they fly the P 51s.

This is the fifth year for the show, it is always a lot of fun and I hope to see some of you there.

Registration pages is below:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2014-props-ponies-car-show-registration-registration-11769977319?aff=eac2

Im going to chat with the other half about this, she has always wanted to go up and visit Seattle due to some friends of ours that moved there a couple years back. But that would be a fun trip to bring our Silver and black 73 Mach up for this show. I may just pay registration now and then see if its a possible trip we can make up there. We would be driving up from Bakersfield California so it would be an incentive to get the A/C working finally seeing how yesterday was 109 degrees here already.

Welp im registered for the show. My wife is a teacher and that week is the first week of school for her, so i will be traveling up with my brother for the car show. Should be fun, who else is going to be there, would be nice to meet others from the forum.

"Bump"

2014 props and ponies is right around the corner. The show is on August 16, space is limited and there are currently about 50 spots still open for 1964.5 to 1980 Mustangs.

P 51 mustangs and Ford Mustangs always makes for a fun show. Weather permitting they fly the P 51s.

This is the fifth year for the show, it is always a lot of fun and I hope to see some of you there.

Registration pages is below:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2014-props-ponies-car-show-registration-registration-11769977319?aff=eac2
I went online to register then noticed no cars allowed in after 9:00am and not allowed to leave (gates closed) until 4:00PM, if I lived closer I'd enter the car but that would be one "long" day by the time we got home. Still planning on showing up for a coupe of hours, but won't be entering the car, looking forward to seeing any members that make it.

Jim

Welp im registered for the show. My wife is a teacher and that week is the first week of school for her, so i will be traveling up with my brother for the car show. Should be fun, who else is going to be there, would be nice to meet others from the forum.
I'm originally from Visalia just a few miles up the road from Bakersfield, now live in Olympia WA, you and your brother will have to drive within two miles of our house on your way to the car show which is about 3 hours further up the freeway. You're welcome to stop by for a cold one; if your game we can work out the details as it gets closer, always nice to meet members.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Look forward to meeting you. I will be there with my 73 Mach and my wife will be there with her 66 Restomod. It is one of my favorite shows.

The show is this Saturday. I am one of the volunteers. I was going to be lining up the cars for the photo everyone gets with the P51 but I threw my back out. That means I probably will be doing registration.

It is always a great show especially if you like planes as you get to see a mini air show every hour. Hope to see you there.

I am unfortunately not going to be able to make it. Found out we are pregnant with a second, and the wife cant travel due to this being the first week of school. I cant leave them by themselves. We are going to try and plan for next year so we all can go together. So maybe next time.

Back