Pypes exhaust question?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
I want to order an exhaust kit for my 73 mach 1. She has staggered shocks and the pypes kit listed says it won't fit my style. I already have the street pro mufflers and FPA headers. I saw one guy on FB say he ordered the pipes kit and it fit his Staggered shocks? Suggestions? Also should I go X or H pipe? Its a mild 408 Cleveland motor. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people have had good luck with the pypes kit but I could not get mine to fit for shit.  If you have a local custom exhaust shop near you, I would highly recommend going to them and have them install a custom exhaust for you.  I did that on 2 Mach 1's  so far and I am really pleased how it came out.  It cost me about $100-150 more than the pypes kit, but I didn't have to do anything but drop the car off and pick it back up. Also they welded the joints instead of having 10 clamps all through the system. I also went with the X-pipe because that's what the gentlemen recommended at the shop. He used Flowmaster FX series mufflers and 2 1/2" stainless. 

Yeah, I thought they did really nice work.  If I remember right it was around $650 for everything from headers back. In my reply above is a link to a video you can hear the exhaust. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back