Question about this part...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang sportsroof
1970 Mustang Hardtop
1972 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC European Version
1950 Ford Custom coupé
Ask and Ye shall receive!

Here is a photo I took during disassembly:

DSCF4697.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It attaches at the fender to valance mounting point in front of the tires.
Don, that´s another one that i do have... The one you´re saying is longer than this pictured here and what Mike is showing us in his pic... At least that is what i understood... Am i wrong?

I believe what you are mentioning is another bracket that really doesn´t attach to the Rad Support but to the same mounting spot as the bumper brackets. At least, my car has those that goes from the valance panel and lower fender fron mounting to the bumper support bracket....

You can get them on eBay all day long.

Damian, there is only one bracket on each side

Goes from the middle bolt on the front valance to the radiator core support.

There do not attach to the bumper bracket.

Mark, I had these made a couple of years ago. Have at least 1000 pairs in stock

12.95 a pair + 5.95 shipping

Also have correct hardware for 3.00

Don

Item #FMFB71

71-73 FENDER BRACKETS

Pair of fender braces that mount on the core support to fender/valance. Often rusted, bent or missing

Price: $12.95

Item #F-246

71-73 FENDER BRACKET FASTENER KIT

4 piece kit. HX CONI SEMS, U-NUTS. Price: $3.00

these seem to end up missing alot over the years and very important when mounting a front spoiler! Dynacorn the sheet metal repros just came out with them, so now there easy to get, I found them in NPD catalog 16A023 is ford part number

Last edited by a moderator:
You know... I still don't quite know if this part is the only fender support bracket... I have a pair of much longer ones that seems to be factory original and there are NOT this ones... I had no time for pics but I will...

these seem to end up missing alot over the years and very important when mounting a front spoiler! Dynacorn the sheet metal repros just came out with them, so now there easy to get, I found them in NPD catalog 16A023 is ford part number
They are not Dynacorn brand.

I had them made over 3 years ago

They are Ohio Mustang brand

Item #FMFB71

71-73 FENDER BRACKETS

Pair of fender braces that mount on the core support to fender/valance. Often rusted, bent or missing. A must have if installing a front spoiler. Reproduction.

Item #FMFB71

71-73 FENDER BRACKETS

Pair of fender braces that mount on the core support to fender/valance. Often rusted, bent or missing. A must have if installing a front spoiler. Reproduction.
Well how bout getting on the cowl reproduction train then mister:p

Item #FMFB71

71-73 FENDER BRACKETS

Sorry I don't think that train will leave the station soon if at all.

Item #FMFB71

71-73 FENDER BRACKETS

LOL :udaman:

Item #FMFB71

71-73 FENDER BRACKETS

Yeah, I'd buy a ticket (or 3) on that train ride. :p

Back