Quick intro

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueoval71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe
Hello!

I purchased my 71 coupe from a coworker almost 20 years ago. It was in fair condition at the time but all that mattered was that I owned a Mustang! In the first year and a half I did all poly bushings, KYB shocks, front springs, rear leafs (to level/drop the car), bump steer, eccentric eliminator kit, front/rear sway bar and obnoxiously heavy Cragar Street Stars. After slowing my car down with cheap 3 piece steel wheels (ever try to run in ski boots) I decided it was time for more power. I met an engine builder at the Pomona swap meet and had him set up an oddball 351 Windsor to replace my 302. I happened upon a 9" rear end out of a Lincoln Versailles CHEAP and picked up a 355 limited slip. After some odd looks (front drum/rear disc) I found Granada brakes that bolted up. Somewhere along the line I picked up a mach 1 hood and a case of Krylon rattle can primer. This was my daily driver for a total of 8 years and then I got frustrated with trying to restore what I was driving full time. I parked it almost 12 years ago so I could work on it and didn't. Shame on me! Well its time to get back on track. Basically I'm scrapping everything and completely starting over, now that there are actually restoration parts other than door panels and carpet kits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!

I purchased my 71 coupe from a coworker almost 20 years ago. It was in fair condition at the time but all that mattered was that I owned a Mustang! In the first year and a half I did all poly bushings, KYB shocks, front springs, rear leafs (to level/drop the car), bump steer, eccentric eliminator kit, front/rear sway bar and obnoxiously heavy Cragar Street Stars. After slowing my car down with cheap 3 piece steel wheels (ever try to run in ski boots) I decided it was time for more power. I met an engine builder at the Pomona swap meet and had him set up an oddball 351 Windsor to replace my 302. I happened upon a 9" rear end out of a Lincoln Versailles CHEAP and picked up a 355 limited slip. After some odd looks (front drum/rear disc) I found Granada brakes that bolted up. Somewhere along the line I picked up a mach 1 hood aThis was my daily driver for a total of 8 years and then I got frustrated with trying to restore what I was driving. I parked it almost 12 years ago so I could work on it and didn't.
Welcome. Sounds like a nice car. How did the granada brake swap go? I have a granada sitting here that i am planning on taking the spindles and brakes off of for my 71 mach 1.

Kevin

It was a straight forward bolt on at the spindle. I don't remember what master cylinder I used though (17+ years ago)

Welcome to the forums! Glad o have you aboard! Keep us posted with lots of pics!

::welcome::

WELCOME aboard!

It sounds as if you have really been "into it" over the years. I would think you will be able to pick up some GREAT ideas here as we have Restorers, Modifiers and EVERYTHING in between. Have you decided on where you want to "end up" on this particular journey?

Again, Welcome to the Site and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT

::welcome:

and I can't believe that Roy let this one go without his usual comment :worthlesswithoutpics:

we'd love to see some pics!
I knew you had my back. With these long hours at work, and getting old, sometimes the mind slips:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back