Quick question for tail light panel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSTL

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang fastback 351w c4 tranny being worked into a resto-mod.
Mocking up my new trunk corners (thanks OMS!) and tail light panel.  Looking at the old holes in the quarters that fit the through bolts for the rear valance, I notice that the tail light panel is blocking them.  So my question is, is my mock up way off?  Or is it intended that we drill through the tail light panel after welding into place?

Mocking up my new trunk corners (thanks OMS!) and tail light panel.  Looking at the old holes in the quarters that fit the through bolts for the rear valance, I notice that the tail light panel is blocking them.  So my question is, is my mock up way off?  Or is it intended that we drill through the tail light panel after welding into place?
Well a picture would help, but here is my guess.

1 You are correct that you have to drill the tail light panel to mount the valance. 

2. My reproduction panel did come with holes for the 1973 bumper filler panel that covers the gap between bumper and tail light panel.  If you do not have a 73, I suggest filling those holes before paint.

kcmash

Back