Racing stripes on a hardtop...Thoughts?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to stripes I think that mother Mopar knew what she was doing.

TA Challengers, AAR Cudas and the like are hard to beat as far as looks are concerned.

But we're drifting off the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like an accent stripe on the hood of a coupe, but I think they should follow the contour lines of a standard hood if that's what you have (terminate them before the bottom of the windshield). I always thought about stripes or one wide stripe on the trunk lid to follow the theme, but who knows what lies ahead...

1 wide stripe with a pin line some thing like this. We all have opinions brother but its your car so its your choice. You only have to make 1 man happy. Haters gonna hate

2j4y91k.jpg
[/img]

Last edited by a moderator:
Those Chargers look sick-nasty with those stripes. In other words I mean they look awesome! I just thought that for a standard hood the stripes make it look more performance-y. Don't get me wrong, wouldn't put em on a mach1 hood. But the more I delve into this car a weird part of me wants to try and keep as much original and stock to the car. It's like a restoration sickness. I originally wanted a restomod since it'll have the 429. Anyways hope this thread advises someone if they wonder about racing stripes!

It needs to be a sleeper. I'm signing it over to my wife once I'm done building it (she doesn't know). I don't want every 20 year old clown driving a honda civic trying to race her. Although, me sitting passenger and letting her smoke a ricer would let me die happy :)

Anyone ever seen or have pictures of our years, sport roof, and a NACA hood with this paint scheme?

d5a956cd7021fc77fb372a978e90400f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Thank goodness. And if I did - I would try to get that picture out of my mind ASAP... Just my OWN opinion.. :whistling: Looks OK on THAT car but not on a 71-3.

As always - I respect any owner's decisions about their car. I did not say or imply LIKE - I said respect in that they own the car and I don't... ::thumb::

Ray

Ive been thinking of putting some white stripes on the hood of my 73 red vert. I don't have a ram air hood.

So I love hearing everyones opinions on the matter.

Currently Im trying to decide between white or black decals for the sides.

Like Don C said, it's your car so you do what floats your boat! That's the thing about this site, unless you drop a GM engine in your car your not going to catch much grief from anyone here. For the non Mach1 hood, I prefer the 72 Mustang Sprint hood stripe. It just looked right no matter which way it was viewed.

140413140807-09mustang-1972-ford-mustang-sprint-edition-fastback-neg-cn6303-102-horizontal-lar...jpg

Always liked the Sprint paint job. That's why I asked. Still curious. Might buy a 71-73 model and paint it just to see. I still love the original two tone NACA hood with the 73 stripe down the side. Different is always good in my book. That's why I love the 71-73. Not just the style but everyone has a 64-70.

I have a 73 Black vert which was not an option and the build sheet has something about the hood and wheels and some other things that even Marti cannot read. He thinks it came with with an argent side stripe, argent bumper and argent stripe in the hood like the sprint. Not a clue on the wheel note on the build sheet. Special build cars info did not go to Marti was lost in space.

If it is your car make it like you want unless it is some rare model.

Back