• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

radiator cover

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerhunter83

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
UCI-678MGT-00C.JPG

Thats custom made stuff there. Like from Kindigit Design.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very very nice! (and the air sucker behind too! )

but you cheated!!

Where is the hood lock!!!?? :)

I recall that to define the shape to cover that thing and allow the mechanism to move freely underneath was the most challenging.

Do you have some picts of your vents covers? That's also some of the cheap plastic crap I want to trash and replace with alu..

Yours seams pretty cool too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it made it easier without the hood latch.  I just use the hood pins.  I even closed in the hole on the underside of the hood to clean it up.

The cowl vent covers are the billet ones from Eddie Motorsports.  They are better than the plastic ones, but Maybe not exactly what I wanted.

[The cowl vent covers are the billet ones from Eddie Motorsports. They are better than the plastic ones]

Bit pricy for easy machining and $5 worth of metal, but they surely look good. Much better than the original.

I plan make mine for ages and as I've bought a big fresh aluminum 3mm plate last week, it's time I look at these.

I'm after ways to fix them onto to the cowl vent. On pict on Eddie site, looks like you need drill the lip they rest on, or is it some kind of lip with a retainer that gives

you some kind of sandwich to hold them in place?

Back