Radiator Hose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tnfastbk

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
Going to replace my upper radiator hose (351C). What have people been running with good luck? Not looking for concourse correct, looking for something that will hold up to a lot of driving.  Also what size clamps are used? I used the heat shrink ones and have not decided if that's what I am going back with yet.

I got hoses from Rockauto and Im pretty sure I got the Continental ones. Working great for me and no problems so far. And I know some people dont like the gear clamps but thats what I have since they were easy to get and work fine for me. I just dont remember size, I think it was 2 1/4" but I could be wrong. And Im glad I used them since I had to fiddle with the thermostat housing leaking so it went on and off a few times. 

Never had an issue with any hoses I installed regardless of brand. Recycled from parts cars - yes. I'd just get the hoses from whatever works for you.  For clams, I bought a couple boxes of the Gates clamps for silicone hoses, which keep the rubber from extruding through the slots. 

Back