Radio Delete Plate

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, Q code, 4 speed, 3.25, A/C, P/S
My 73 Mustang has an aftermarket 2 post radio that I don't use, and I don't have the original. I'd like to install a delete plate.

Any idea where I can get one or one that fits well enough? Not looking for concourse, just a decent fit and finish.

An original radio delete plate will probably cost as much or more than an original working AM Radio. I have seen unrestored working AM radios on eBay for under $80. You can make a plate like Bentworker said. A repro clock delete plate is $70, as far as I know no one make a radio repro radio delete plate. West Coast Classic Cougar has an original radio delete plate, it can be yours for $429.89, and yes you read that right $429.89:
https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.c...ium=cpc&pk_source=GoogleAds&sessionthemeid=26

An original radio delete plate will probably cost as much or more than an original working AM Radio. I have seen unrestored working AM radios on eBay for under $80. You can make a plate like Bentworker said. A repro clock delete plate is $70, as far as I know no one make a radio repro radio delete plate. West Coast Classic Cougar has an original radio delete plate, it can be yours for $429.89, and yes you read that right $429.89:
https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.c...ium=cpc&pk_source=GoogleAds&sessionthemeid=26
Ok thanks for the info! I'll look into fabbing something.

My 73 Mustang has an aftermarket 2 post radio that I don't use, and I don't have the original. I'd like to install a delete plate.

Any idea where I can get one or one that fits well enough? Not looking for concourse, just a decent fit and finish.
I might have a 1973 am/fm spare if you decide to go that route

I printed an insert using an FDM printer. Perfect size for a phone to run a remote Bluetooth player or just extra storage. I can take a picture if it would help visualize. Just have to be careful about the type of material used for thermal stability.

Maybe use the upper storage piece to fit

Back