Radio Delete Plate

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, Q code, 4 speed, 3.25, A/C, P/S
My 73 Mustang has an aftermarket 2 post radio that I don't use, and I don't have the original. I'd like to install a delete plate.

Any idea where I can get one or one that fits well enough? Not looking for concourse, just a decent fit and finish.

An original radio delete plate will probably cost as much or more than an original working AM Radio. I have seen unrestored working AM radios on eBay for under $80. You can make a plate like Bentworker said. A repro clock delete plate is $70, as far as I know no one make a radio repro radio delete plate. West Coast Classic Cougar has an original radio delete plate, it can be yours for $429.89, and yes you read that right $429.89:
https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.c...ium=cpc&pk_source=GoogleAds&sessionthemeid=26

An original radio delete plate will probably cost as much or more than an original working AM Radio. I have seen unrestored working AM radios on eBay for under $80. You can make a plate like Bentworker said. A repro clock delete plate is $70, as far as I know no one make a radio repro radio delete plate. West Coast Classic Cougar has an original radio delete plate, it can be yours for $429.89, and yes you read that right $429.89:
https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.c...ium=cpc&pk_source=GoogleAds&sessionthemeid=26
Ok thanks for the info! I'll look into fabbing something.

My 73 Mustang has an aftermarket 2 post radio that I don't use, and I don't have the original. I'd like to install a delete plate.

Any idea where I can get one or one that fits well enough? Not looking for concourse, just a decent fit and finish.
I might have a 1973 am/fm spare if you decide to go that route

I printed an insert using an FDM printer. Perfect size for a phone to run a remote Bluetooth player or just extra storage. I can take a picture if it would help visualize. Just have to be careful about the type of material used for thermal stability.

Maybe use the upper storage piece to fit

Latest posts

Back