• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rare Intake Manifold Wanted

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sportsroof
2010 Mustang GT
While I'm here in Afghanistan I am going to start shopping for parts for the '72, being as when I get back I am moving to a house with a garage, I can actually start to tear the car apart.

I figure I will start looking for the rarest parts first. I'm looking for a Bud Moore Maxi Plenum intake manifold. They were designed mainly for high rpm trans am racing. I just have a thing for cool looking intakes, and I think it will suit the engine I'm planning well. If anyone runs across one on the internet let me know. If you know anyone that might have one sitting on the shelf in their shop, or at a swap meet, message me and I will arrange to send you some cash to pick it up for me. They made them for a few different engines so make sure its for a 351C. Here are a few pics of them. They also came with interchangeable tops, so If it has more than one top with it, that's a plus.

Bud Moore Maxi Plenum Intake Manifold

dans%20intake%20106.JPG

images

BudMoore1.jpg

Wow...I have had one of these in my garage for....

No...sorry. I don't. But if I do find one, you will be the first to know.

They're out there, one recently sold for $1,500 on Ebay. Here's a read on them for the 351C

http://351cleveland.wetpaint.com/page/Bud+Moore+Maxi

Also some pics with a stroked 351 proudly wearing the intake.
I've actually read the article for that engine, and it is very similar to what I would like to achieve.

I suppose if I can't find one of these, I would go for a 3x2 barrel setup, or maybe sometime of cross ram style intake, although those are probably just as rare lol.

I thought it would take some time to find this intake, so I figured I had some time to get some money together to buy one, but of course one popped up on Ebay at the last minute, current bid $500, buy it now price of $1,100.

Crap. I guess I will wait for the next one lol.

I thought it would take some time to find this intake, so I figured I had some time to get some money together to buy one, but of course one popped up on Ebay at the last minute, current bid $500, buy it now price of $1,100.

Crap. I guess I will wait for the next one lol.
Bid $505, who knows? I never heard of this until this thread. maybe a forgotten treasure. But hey, you know what they say "Gotta pay to play".

You building a 71 Nascar engine?
I'm keeping an eye on this one on Ebay, it hasn't met it's reserve yet. I would just buy it/bid on it if I had the cash right now. If it doesn't meet reserve and ends up not selling, I am going to email the seller and see if I can work out a short payment program deal with him, just like 3 payments for it. This one comes with a dominator style top too, which is awesome.

Not building a Nascar engine, just an engine that has an impact when you look under the hood. Of course, I'm looking at building something in the 700 hp range, so you might call it a Nascar engine lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bud-Moore-351-Cleveland-Nascar-Intake-/160897091931?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item257636c95b&vxp=mtr

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of these (not for sale though). The tri-power, while not the 'best' performance intake does look cool under the hood. This is a few pics of mine

Manifold1.jpg

647_04_07_11_7_47_28.jpeg

Here is a thread about mine:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-351-c-tripower

And another pic installed

351Ctripower3.jpg
That looks great! Def my second option if I can't get one of the Bud Moore boxes.

Your car looks great on the calender this month. Stay safe.
Thanks! I never even got to buy a calendar lol.
Shoot me an address and it'll be on it's way!
I appreciate it but as soon as I realized this was my car's month I ordered one right away lol. I should get it in about a week or so. Thanks anyways!

While I'm here in Afghanistan I am going to start shopping for parts for the '72, being as when I get back I am moving to a house with a garage, I can actually start to tear the car apart.

I figure I will start looking for the rarest parts first. I'm looking for a Bud Moore Maxi Plenum intake manifold. They were designed mainly for high rpm trans am racing. I just have a thing for cool looking intakes, and I think it will suit the engine I'm planning well. If anyone runs across one on the internet let me know. If you know anyone that might have one sitting on the shelf in their shop, or at a swap meet, message me and I will arrange to send you some cash to pick it up for me. They made them for a few different engines so make sure its for a 351C. Here are a few pics of them. They also came with interchangeable tops, so If it has more than one top with it, that's a plus.

Bud Moore Maxi Plenum Intake Manifold

dans%20intake%20106.JPG

images

BudMoore1.jpg
Did you ever find the Bud Moore manifold? I have one. I got it from Greg Moore in 1995. In fact I got two of the last three he had. One went to a friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back