Rear bumper

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animal Lawyer

Reaction score
So, I backed up into a post and screwed up the rear bumper. I’m not sure if it was original or repopulate, but thin and weak it was. Any suggestions about which are strongest? I was thinking or welding a piece of rebar between the mounts behind the bumper,any thoughts, suggestions?

If anyone has a decent one for sale please pm me

Last edited:
So, I backed up into a post and screwed up the rear bumper. I’m not sure if it was original or repopulate, but thin and weak it was. Any suggestions about which are strongest? I was thinking or welding a piece of rebar between the mounts behind the bumper,any thoughts, suggestions?

If anyone has a decent one for sale please pm me
What year?
I have one for the 71/72 and is a repop in good condition, Trouble is I'm in Canada, but could ship FedEx. $50 plus shipping. I have pics............. somewhere! When I find, I'll pm.

I also have a new in the box re-pop if needed. Somewhere in storage after the 2019 move. If interested PM me and I will look for it. OE were much much thicker than re-pop

Back