Rear Deck Spoiler/Wing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghia1974

Reaction score
Do the Fastback/Mach 1 rear deck spoilers fit a 71 Coupe? If so are the mounting dimensions the same?  If it were your car, would you add one or is it too much?

AB9BF238-BF5A-474B-8DD8-E2E148B05C47.jpeg

36205349-3DD8-473B-8C0E-AE65F3A6303A.jpeg

That is a nice coupe! 

Honestly, I never thought the factory rear spoiler worked well on coupes, but I do like the front spoiler on them.

If you were to do a spoiler I would suggest the one from the 1970 Cougar Eliminator.  With the coupe body lines I think that would be the correct elevation.

kcmash

Nice car!! I think on the coupes they have a cleaner look without the spoiler. The lines flow better. Ryan

Thank you for your feedback! I’m out on the spoiler, wasn’t too excited about drilling holes in the trunk lid anyway.

I would leave off. I am taking one off a vert now, had to get a new deck lid he had butchered the original. When you put on coupe or vert you have to locate a L.H. trunk spring from a cougar or the trunk will not stay open with the one spring that mustang has. I sold the last two I had last month. The spoiler was not configured to fit the coupe or vert so does not look right. Your car looks great now. 

One of the worst additions to the hardtop body style IMO. 

Back