Rear Drum Brake Hose Size

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustangGuy2k

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for feedback on this. When I try and install the rear center Drum Brake Hose that is spec at 11.77" but it is extended to over the max maximum length when the axle is fully extended on a jacks. I'm afraid that one bump when it fully extends the hose will cause damage. I thought I had seen a 15" hose out there, but is this 11.77" hose actually the right one?

Thanks,

Standard rear hose length for the 71-73s is 11 3/4". If you're hanging the rear axle without shocks in place, install them as they act as axle limiters. If it really bothers you, you can probably use a 70-71 Torino rear hose, which is about 17 3/4" You may need to bend the axle brake lines to suit the different junction block configuration.

Standard rear hose length for the 71-73s is 11 3/4". If you're hanging the rear axle without shocks in place, install them as they act as axle limiters. If it really bothers you, you can probably use a 70-71 Torino rear hose, which is about 17 3/4" You may need to bend the axle brake lines to suit the different junction block configuration.
I'm betting it is the fact I don't have the shocks on as limiters. Perfect thanks everyone.

Back