Rear end modification

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351 CJ all matching numbers, under restoration.
73 Ford Mustang Sprint from Mexico.
A friend is working on his car, I want to show you one of the modif he is doing. Don't know if someone made it here already ?

Modification barre arrière Jack Daniels.jpg

The position of the bellcrank is where it should be at the center of the suspension travel, not at full droop.

A well designed watts linkage should be as low as possible to reduce the roll center height.

Tony already hit on another drawback of watts linkages, hard to find a place for the exhaust pipes.

That is a question I asked him about the exaust pipes. He doesn't know yet where they will be, but for sure not where they were.

I do not see how that would help and how would it even do anything. Depending on which way it pivots either spreads the frame or pulls together. Not like a panhard bar to just keep it centered. If you are doing things like that the exhaust should not be a concern. It will be out the side in front of the tires never out the back. Looks like someone like I have stated before building a car for 1% of their use and kill 99% or your ride. 

Back