• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

rear fold down seat

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aryan900

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 429 scj / ram air
1972 Mustang cpe 351c Ram
51 Ford f1 Flathead v8
48 Ford Cpe Flathead v8
53 Hudson Super Wasp Cpe
Good evening everyone. I have a rear fold down set for a 71 mach 1. This seat it in fantastic shape. The problem is my car was not equipped with the fold down. The previous owner decided to not only remove the original seat but hack the bracing / deck to try and fit a fold down in. I finally found and obtained all the damage metal as well as a set of original seats. I'm not looking to get rich but I am looking to cover the cost of new skins and maybe foam. The seats are black in color and will include the, I believe they call it the trap door. I will post pics in a few days of the seats and what not. If anyone is interested just drop me a line. Be safe. Ron

Good evening everyone. I have a rear fold down set for a 71 mach 1. This seat it in fantastic shape. The problem is my car was not equipped with the fold down. The previous owner decided to not only remove the original seat but hack the bracing / deck to try and fit a fold down in. I finally found and obtained all the damage metal as well as a set of original seats. I'm not looking to get rich but I am looking to cover the cost of new skins and maybe foam. The seats are black in color and will include the, I believe they call it the trap door. I will post pics in a few days of the seats and what not. If anyone is interested just drop me a line. Be safe. Ron
Though I am looking at converting my existing 72 bench back, do you have a pic. (for an idea of what I would be getting into on the project, ie, to still look like the stock convertible bench but have the funtionability ifin I need the space for a haulin......groceries....

Good evening everyone. I have a rear fold down set for a 71 mach 1. This seat it in fantastic shape. The problem is my car was not equipped with the fold down. The previous owner decided to not only remove the original seat but hack the bracing / deck to try and fit a fold down in. I finally found and obtained all the damage metal as well as a set of original seats. I'm not looking to get rich but I am looking to cover the cost of new skins and maybe foam. The seats are black in color and will include the, I believe they call it the trap door. I will post pics in a few days of the seats and what not. If anyone is int erested just drop me a line. Be safe. Ron
Looking to make my existing rear bench on my convertible to become a trap door to my cover as well, hinge and ? of what you have, could you give me an itemized...of what and how much per piece? as well photos? After what I sunk into it in the past 11 years since I acquired it as a real mess and bent driver side front frame rail at the time had to fabricate and guestimate installation that threw the tracking off about 10% but why cry over spilt milk - however hardly a cost at acquisition date though. Mikke

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved my fold down rear seat in my Mach 1. There was something 'super cool' about having it down. You looked back there and it was just awesomeness.

Good luck with the sale!

Just ran across your old post and am in the same perdiciment as you were. MY PO started a change from a std seat to a fold down, but didn't really butcher the job too much.

I now have a handle on a standard trunk divider/package tray assembly that I will have welded into the car. The area back there is open and clean with good metal, so hopefully it won't be too bad to weld. After that I will install the std seat back and what ever trim I need.

How did your reconstruction go?

I did this years ago (1999) and it was pretty easy actually..............

That said I bought the panels from a buddy of mine therefore he did the cutting

Back