Rear seat retractor (pics wanted)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikroy57

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
i have buy a 1973 mach 1 without any seat belts.  Does anybody have pictures of the rear floor, i cant figured where i am supposed to bolt the rear retractor of the seatbelts.

Im guessing i cant find them because the dude before me have welded a roll cage support in that area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any pics but on a 73, the rear seat belt anchors for the retractors are directly in front of the inner rear wheel wells and to the outside of the rear frame rail. If you still had your interior in the car, the retractors would be inside the rear interior quarter panels. I hope that helps. You could also look under the car and find the seat belt anchor plates in that same area, as long as the previous owner didn't cut them out for the roll cage.

Here is a pic of my 73, it shows where the mounting bolts go.  I left the bolts on and covered them with tin foil when I sprayed sound deadner on the floor. The belt with the clip is on the retractor.  Last pic is how it should look when done.

IMG_2141.JPG

IMG_2692.JPG

Ouch ... This means i have more unplanned works to do :S

Thanks all for the precious informations

Alright guys, im going to drill for the anchor of the retractor, can somebody gives me dimensions A & B in the pictures below ?

upload images

Back