Rear Shocks from QA1 or Viking

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsweden

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 351c
Has anyone tried them ?

viking.JPGqa1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I had KYB for years then when I switched to a coilover front suspension, I went Bilstein on all four corners. I have zero complaints with them.

55-R056_medium.jpg
coilover4.jpg

Before I bought my Konis I was going to go with a set of the Vikings. The double adjustables are well made and rebuildable.

I ended up ordering a set of Vikings for mine. Also going with their front coil over kit. But I liked that the Viking double adjustables are almost the price of the QA1 Single adjustables. Im looking forward to getting them in the car and seeing how they work. 

I just installed a pair of the Viking on the rear of my Mach I this weekend.  Too much rain to take the car out and see how much different they are compared to the KYB that were on it.

Finally they arrived, and are now on the Mach1. Seems like good quality.

shock.jpg

These are the JRi (single adjustable) that came with my Maier MOD1 suspension. I still need to test drive the car but from what I hear this is a very high quality brand. Seen here with the Hyperco spring and the new UCA.

20210321_001817.jpg20210306_235814.jpg

I had KYB for years then when I switched to a coilover front suspension, I went Bilstein on all four corners. I have zero complaints with them.

Same hear both front and rear with Shawn's coil over system. An absolute pleasure to drive.

I can hopefully start to give some feedback on the Vikings I put in. Curious how it feels driving it with the front coil overs. But she is going in for an alignment today and then she is ready to hit the streets again. 

After a few rides I can say that there is a big difference vs GAS dampers. Just one click on the damper is making a big change. Wating for new wheels , 18 inch Il be back with more info.

I put Vikings on the front and rear of my car………. INCREDIBLY HAPPY with my choice. They handle 10 times better than the KYBs I had on the car and these have the added benefit of two way adjustability. Very well made and as a bonus, rebuildable. I’ve only made one different adjustment before putting my car in for the winter but I’m looking forward to experimenting with this option this spring.

Back