rear spoiler help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know where to find the torsion rods for the spoilered trunk lid?

- D1ZZ-66344890-B

- D1ZZ-6344891-B

Getting guillotined by the trunk lid is getting old :)
I have looked for them with no luck. Even spent money on a Marti report to find out if a pair on EBay were from a spoiler equipped car. They weren’t! There is a difference in size but my understanding is they have to be measured to know the difference. 

The ones currently on EBay are not from a spoiler car.

Good luckI

Does anyone know the width measurement of the 71-73 spoiler left to right? Is it different then the 69-70?
See previous reply in this post they are different fro sure.
Hmm, cannot find it, ive read entire thread 3 times, lol. I think the 71-73 is suppose to be 59" and the 70 must be 57", this is the two sizes I have found but not confirmed.

The width of a 71-73 spoiler is 59". I was actually not aware that the 69-70 was narrower, only the stantions were taller, but I guess it makes sense as the 71-73 cars are 2" wider.

My car did not originally have a spoiler on it, but a PO put on a NPD aftermarket one and 1" too far back. i.e. 10.5" to front holes not 9.5 as it should be. This is on a Mach 1. The two torsion rods are the original two as far as I know. I later found an original D1Zxxxxxxxx spoiler at a swap meet, refinished it and installed it in the location of the aftermarket one. Guess what, the trunk lid hit me in the head too. I was able to add tension by moving the fixed ends to the last position. See pic. With the spoiler back that 1" too far, it really made a difference to the weight or pressure on the rods.

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back