Rear View Camera

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddMike

Reaction score
Prague, Czech Republic (from Cleveland, OH)
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1: 351 C (modified), FMX trans (modified), 9" 3:25 traction lock rear gear. I have owned this car 44 years, since I was 17.
With our beloved but notoriously useless rear glass and near useless rear view mirrors for Mach 1 fastbacks - I am looking for a good and affordable rear view camera system incorporating and replacing the rear view mirror. My primary usage will be when backing up and into tight spaces. 1971 Mustang Mach 1a.JPGAnyone have first hand experience and or recommendations?

Mike, there was a post on this just the other day and several others may be found in search.
I am installing a combination mirror, back up, and dash cam called the Awesafe 10" from Amazon. The problem I see is where to locate the rear camera. Other's have posted on this.
A buddy of mine bought the 12" version for his wife's car, but I didn't need that big a mirror. I was very impressed with the quality and clarity. This one is a 2K, but the 10" is only 1080p front 720p rear, which can be switched around. It's also touch screen.
To connect, I have decided to add a separate "cigarette lighter" socket somewhere under the dash so it can be connected to a keyed circuit. Downside is there is a mile of wires to hide.
More will be posted on mine as and when I get to it.

Thanks. I saw a few that are replacement rear view mirrors that look similar to the original. I would run the wires possibly between the visor mounts then through the trim between the windshield and the headliner, down the left windshield post and wire it accordingly. The camera would likely mount above the license plate. I am hoping someone else has experience with something similar.

Back