Rear vinyl tail light panel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyro86

Reaction score
Just want to know if anyone knows the best way to clean the rear ( vinyl ) tail light panel , it does not have honeycomb . Thanks
AJ

I don't think it's vinyl. The one I removed from the parts car was painted, 'camera case' textured metal. It can be removed and repainted.

I just replaced it on our vert with a honey comb panel. Very few folks will know the difference. And it does look good.
Thanks , I will think about the honey comb , I think mine needs a good cleaning , I think it’s a leaded gas stain .

Thanks , I will think about the honey comb , I think mine needs a good cleaning , I think it’s a leaded gas stain .
Here are some photos of the rear trunk panel of our 73 vert. I took the photos mostly to show the rear stripe I put on the trunk. But, the photos show the honeycomb panel. I think it looks nice. I added the stripe as the pert of the rear vertical surface below the trunk lock had some very minor corrosion. I had the corrosion repaired, and wanted to mask any color or surface transition from the upper part of that surface being original paint, and the lower part that had been repainted after the corrosion was repaired. I added a photo of the part that had been lightly corroded also, just under the trunk lock cylinder. The facrtory paint was applied nicely on the entire car, other than that one spot where it was a bit thin.

Attachments

• IMG_4286.JPG
    IMG_4286.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4287.JPG
    IMG_4287.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4288.JPG
    IMG_4288.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4289.JPG
    IMG_4289.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1973MustantConvertible_LoweerRearTrunkLidEdge_BelowLock_1_20191027.JPG
    1973MustantConvertible_LoweerRearTrunkLidEdge_BelowLock_1_20191027.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
That looks great with that color ,
And the honey comb ! Might go honey comb . Thanks for the pics .

That looks great with that color ,
And the honey comb ! Might go honey comb . Thanks for the pics .
I have no regrets re: moving to the Mach 1 honeycomb cover plate. And not one person at any car show said anything about it being the "wrong" part.

Back