• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rear window defrost glass, switch, and parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N2odart

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, 1998 Cobra drivetrain
1972 R code
1973 Mach 1, Cleveland, auto
1973 rear window defrost glass, one black plastic cover for wire connection to glass, other included but broken, 4 screws that hold cover on, dash switch with broken toggle, $150 plus shipping. Located in Camby Indiana. I've owned 6 Mach 1s and this is the only rear defrost I've ever seen. Other parts available. Text or call 317/371/2668 Dave

Glass is removed from Mach, unbroken but likely not fully working due to some of the heating elements peeling, but looks perfect.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the exact same stuff in a box in my garage (mine is also an original rear window defroster car). Let me know if you get your $150 - I'll sell mine, too. ::thumb::

I've got the harness, relay, diode light etc for under the dash. Someone looking should be able to do a complete conversion through this site alone. As a side note, once repaired, I have sold the switches alone for over $100. There is a video posted on how to do it.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-rear-defroster-knob-replacement

Do you have the rear glass w/defroster?
Sorry,  no.  There was a member in Christiansburg VA (don't remember the screen name) that had one - might be willing to part with it?
Do you need a complete assembly?  I have a complete set that I was going to add to my Mach 1. but never did.  Let me know.

I have the complete setup in the archive. The glass was known to shatter at times. Never thought those covers, 4 rusty screws and broken off wire tabs could be worth so much, but what do I know.

I have three of them, lol.

I do have complete set with wiring and switch no breaks in the grid either glass is great. Do not have the plastic covers for the one out of car.

My Mach 1 has the defroster and the T-5 I have has one also. It was standard equipment on T-5 in 72.

The production for fastback is as follows.

1971, 3,721

1972, 4,256

1973, 7,711

So was a pretty popular option.

The switches did get the handle broken off easy you would catch your pants leg on them and break them. For that reason sometime in the 80's I ordered all that Ford had left and that was three at dealers. So I have some NOS switches also.

I have to change the switch in my Mach 1 it is broke now.

PM if any interest. I would hate to try to ship. Would cost more to make the crate than to ship or buy, lol. Would need to be plywood for sure with foam on both sides of the glass. The rubber seal is not good just there to protect the glass.

Back