• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rear window louvers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
429CJ, 4 Speed, 3.25 Traction Lock N case, A/C, P/W, tilt, fold down seats, int. wipers, deluxe interior.
Can’t help but love the look. Really brings back memories of when I first saw one. 

Does anyone have any rear window louvers for sale? 

B3D9C4C5-5C4E-47B6-96C8-439E10EFC81B.jpeg

You looking for aluminum or abs (lightweight plastic) louvres?

Shipping to Alaska is likely pricy (but from Calgary at least it is closer than other parts of the USA.

i have a set of abs (new in box) with all fasteners  BUT 1 corner of the plastic louvre broke off when I was moving it

I have the piece...so it should be an easy fix.

let me know if you want me to take a picture(s)

rd-72

First question; WHY? 

Second question: again why? IMO, they don't belong on these cars, but your car, your way.

BUT, as for the louvres rd-72 has for sale, fortunately ABS can be glued or welded with something as simple as a soldering iron and some spare pieces of ABS as filler ( try on a scrap piece first for practice). Sand and paint with a good plastic type paint. I prefer SEM products, i.e. Trim Black. 

First question; WHY? 

Second question: again why? IMO, they don't belong on these cars, but your car, your way.

BUT, as for the louvres rd-72 has for sale, fortunately ABS can be glued or welded with something as simple as a soldering iron and some spare pieces of ABS as filler ( try on a scrap piece first for practice). Sand and paint with a good plastic type paint. I prefer SEM products, i.e. Trim Black. 
"Can’t help but love the look. Really brings back memories of when I first saw one." 

You looking for aluminum or abs (lightweight plastic) louvres?

Shipping to Alaska is likely pricy (but from Calgary at least it is closer than other parts of the USA.

i have a set of abs (new in box) with all fasteners  BUT 1 corner of the plastic louvre broke off when I was moving it

I have the piece...so it should be an easy fix.

let me know if you want me to take a picture(s)

rd-72
You know, I’m not really too particular about what kind. I’d be open to either. You’re right shipping to AK is horrible however I have a freight forwarder I use for large items. It’s really been helpful for the restoration. 

It’d be to Fife, WA. 

feel free to contact me directly 

907-299-7283 

and we can chat! 

First question; WHY? 

Haha! Hey it’s all good, I get it, technically they didn’t come on our cars but I feel like when the 69-70 cars came out and had them as an option it really stood out. I love the way they look. I feel like they give it an agressive style and seems how I’ve got the rear and front spoiler and super fat rear tires let’s top off that classic muscle car look with louvers! 

Haha! Hey it’s all good, I get it, technically they didn’t come on our cars but I feel like when the 69-70 cars came out and had them as an option it really stood out. I love the way they look. I feel like they give it an agressive style and seems how I’ve got the rear and front spoiler and super fat rear tires let’s top off that classic muscle car look with louvers! 
Hell yeah.  I love the louvers also.  I bought mine through Summit Racing. They are aluminum. 

Hell yeah.  I love the louvers also.  I bought mine through Summit Racing. They are aluminum. 
Turtle,  Does your trunk hit the bottom louver like mine does?  I’ve seen some with a flat bottom louver to cure that issue.  That’s the one to get.

D676FD37-2D04-45F8-A3BF-21F6AA01C769.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I get it too. It all comes down to what YOU like on YOUR car. I just don't happen to like them on 71-73's. YES they do look good on the 69-70's I think because the rear window is not so flat. If I'm not mistaken, once you have installed the louvers, they're there till next time you paint the car and weld up the hole you had to drill for the hinges. 

Yeah I get it too. It all comes down to what YOU like on YOUR car. I just don't happen to like them on 71-73's. YES they do look good on the 69-70's I think because the rear window is not so flat. If I'm not mistaken, once you have installed the louvers, they're there till next time you paint the car and weld up the hole you had to drill for the hinges. 
From what I’ve seen the holes to be drilled are on the 69-70 models, I believe there are no hard fixed mounting parts on the  71-73 styles 

but don’t quote me.

From what I’ve seen the holes to be drilled are on the 69-70 models, I believe there are no hard fixed mounting parts on the  71-73 styles 

but don’t quote me.
Yeah I'm not sure either, just assuming they are drilled, not glued. If not that, no idea. I won't be finding out any time soon!!

I love the look of louvers as well. I had a set on my 69 Mach 1 and my 72 Mach 1 when I was a teenager and thought they looked great on both cars. I have had a set on order from CJP but they turned out to be on backorder. They are supposed to be back in stock this weekend and hopefully mine will be shipped out. Trevynd is correct, these do not have any drilling associated with the mounting from what the online descriptions state. 

Tom

Picture 1 is louver (1 piece) and hardware .(1 package)

the hardware sticks to your glass (2 hinges at the top & 2 hoedown brackets at the side)

picture 2 is damaged corner

can send more Picts if requested

box is 35”x 53”*6”

321A73F8-6457-4A7D-AE02-8A2B9A25A5ED.jpeg

Just curious???????   is the louver for 69-70 close to matching the 71-73 window? Could it be altered? 

Thanks

Rod

Turtle,  Does your trunk hit the bottom louver like mine does?  I’ve seen some with a flat bottom louver to cure that issue.  That’s the one to get.

View attachment 54822
Man I could see this being a pain to deal with especially if you need access to the trunk. And I imagine it can scratch up the deck lid

Back