rear window weatherstrip

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

460bbf

Reaction score
My Car
72 mach 1 with A bbf
when i'm putting my race car back together i'm going to use new rear window weatherstrip, does the seals bought today accept the chrome. The Scott drake and the Chinese both do not designate weather they do or do not accept the chrome. my car is  fastback.

when i'm putting my race car back together i'm going to use new rear window weatherstrip, does the seals bought today accept the chrome. The Scott drake and the Chinese both do not designate weather they do or do not accept the chrome. my car is  fastback.
The rubber should allow room to put the trim back on. The rubber is not the holding feature for the chrome only the window. Too many put too much sealer and stuff around the rubber and no room for the trim then. Very little sealer is needed if you have fixed all the issues with the window opening like pin holes and rust.

I cannot say who makes the best rear window but Daniel Carpenter usually does a good job if they are a supplier. They are wholesale only so check with Don, Ohio Mustang, to see who makes them.

The rubber should allow room to put the trim back on. The rubber is not the holding feature for the chrome only the window. Too many put too much sealer and stuff around the rubber and no room for the trim then. Very little sealer is needed if you have fixed all the issues with the window opening like pin holes and rust.

I cannot say who makes the best rear window but Daniel Carpenter usually does a good job if they are a supplier. They are wholesale only so check with Don, Ohio Mustang, to see who makes them.
so the chrome is mounted on studs like the windshield, the only chrome I have dealt with is in the 67-72 trucks and you got to order special rubber because the chrome actually goes into a grove in the rubber. I have not cut then rear window out yet but will this week. I will not be using any sealer on the rubber as this car will never see any rain.

so the chrome is mounted on studs like the windshield, the only chrome I have dealt with is in the 67-72 trucks and you got to order special rubber because the chrome actually goes into a grove in the rubber. I have not cut then rear window out yet but will this week. I will not be using any sealer on the rubber as this car will never see any rain.
The P.U. and Vans had optional stainless trim around the windshield So some only had a rubber strip and some had a grove in the rubber to hold the stainless trim. They were also difficult to get in place sometimes. Mustangs all got the aluminum trim. Be careful pulling I understand the repo trim sucks. You can polish your old trim if needed.

Back