Recovered seats are almost done

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
351C 4V - C6
Blue with Blue interior
Well a while ago, I started the hunt for new seats for the Mach 1.  Mine are in good shape, but Id like to keep them that way and also wanted something a little more supportive with some bolstering. I had looked at some aftermarket options, but didnt think they fit the look of the car. Thats when I managed to find a set of Recaros out of a Fox body. Which also happened to be the same seats that my first Mustang had(an 82 GT). So I picked them up since they are a nice easy swap, but decided to get them recovered to look like the originals. I ordered the fabric from SMS, and a friend of the family does upholstery so once it showed up I dropped everything off and she started working on it. And now the time has come. She said the seats should be ready tomorrow and sent me a pic. I am really happy with how they are turning out so far. Also got the seat buttons engraved with mine and my dads initials since it was originally his car. So figured I would drop a little teaser here.

210208029_301422175052044_3667640305490269431_n.jpg

Resized_20210707_130845.jpg

Nice! And good representation of the interior 👍 That almost looks like genuine Comfortweave…is it so?
Its close to the comfortweave, but not quite. But at the end of the day its likely as close as I will be able to get since I dont think many(if any) places seem to make the original comfortweave anymore. And its close enough that I dont think anyone would notice the difference between the front and back seats. 

20210217_214823.jpg

Oh wow! Fantastic!
The extra mile to make them look as originals is so much more kickin than just simply replace parts by beter ones even if they look good as Recaro's usually do!

Dunno if it's me getting heavier (actually I know! ), but since I drive again, I never missed the sidewards support as much as I do now.
These will really upgrade your driving experience! I'm a tad jealous! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I want to make the car handle really well and have been working towards that, so seats that actually keep you in place around that corner make a big difference. Plus I loved the Recaros I had in my 82 GT, so when I found them I knew exactly what I wanted to do. In the end I probably could have gotten a nice set of Corbeau's for around the same price, but they wouldnt look the way these will. Im going for the restomod kinda vibe so this fits it much better in my opinion. I will share more pics once they are done and I get them in the car. 

Its close to the comfortweave, but not quite. But at the end of the day its likely as close as I will be able to get since I dont think many(if any) places seem to make the original comfortweave anymore. And its close enough that I dont think anyone would notice the difference between the front and back seats. 

View attachment 52906
In any case... it's fantastic!

The seats are both finished and in the car. Love the finished product. I may try and adjust things to move the drivers seat back a little further than factory, but couldnt be happier with the finished product.

Resized_20210709_145120.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-12 at 11.58.42 AM.jpeg

Nice job! They look great! Ryan

Back