Reduced Voltage to clock?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach1
Does the clock run on voltage that is reduced prior to the clock harness? I jumped mine just to see if it would work, and it spun 10x faster than normal. Thought maybe it used less voltage to keep the battery from running down. Thanks!

Stock clocks use the full 12 volts. Stock clocks can't run 10X faster given a 12 volt little solenoid "winds" the clock spring once every minute or so. The clock is all mechanical, except for the little solenoid.

Stock clocks use the full 12 volts. Stock clocks can't run 10X faster given a 12 volt little solenoid "winds" the clock spring once every minute or so. The clock is all mechanical, except for the little solenoid.
That's interesting. Mine spins like a helicopter about to take off. LOL.

How do we replace or repair our clocks. Can we send it somewhere for repair? Does anyone sell a oem like replacement? Not cheap led

How do we replace or repair our clocks. Can we send it somewhere for repair? Does anyone sell an oem like replacement? Not cheap led
I had all my original gauges redone like new from Orlando Mustang. It wasn’t cheap. Great work though. Here’s the clock in case your interested

Attachments

• 1CD97CD2-B7C2-42DE-B620-DC3AE6A89C19.jpeg
    1CD97CD2-B7C2-42DE-B620-DC3AE6A89C19.jpeg
    609.5 KB · Views: 1
Back