Reliable transporter?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6972boss

Reaction score
My Car
72 sport roof R code waiting to be finished. 67 and 69 shelby's are ahead of it.
I am looking for a honest classic car transporter that won't steal the emblems or center console (ask me why) off my cars. I am transporting two shelbys from Reno to Tacoma. Thanks for any tips

Rob

u just answered your own question... "reliable transports" they do barrett jackson's stuff.. there pricing is a little higher.. i had a fairlane done a few yrs ago. idaho to delaware was 2200$. i got another company for 1500$.. but it took over 2 months to get it here... looking back i'd get reliable.

My concerns with mainstream haulers are they will load and unload the cars at various terminals around the country to shuffle the cars into trucks headed towards the final destination. Knowing my car was going to be driven on and off the hauler without my supervision makes me nervous. When a close friend and I shipped our prized possessions out to Charlotte for the 50th this broker understood our needs and contracted a hauler we could not have been any happier with. Give him a call and see if something can be worked out. He may not be the cheapest, but he will cater to your requests. You can mention my name for what it is worth, but I don't think it will be of any benefit.

Dave Fountain

Ofc: 515-207-1494

Cell: 712-210-4019

[email protected]

www.executivemotorcoach.net

Executive Motor Coach

I just used Reliable to move a one of a kind Lotus Esprit from Boston to Minnesota. Behind my car was a very nice Duesnberg Model J 150 convertible that had to be moved - I don't think you have anything to worry about with them moving the cars around.

When I purchased a 73 vert off eBay that was located in Reno NV it was horrible to find someone to even go pick it up. It took two months of searching and then they did not do what I paid for. It was on an independent hauler with other cars. They had the option of being on the top deck for extra cost so I paid that to keep the oil from dripping and it was shipped in February so wanted it above the salt if any. When he got here it was on the lower level covered in oil and the rear bumper was against the frame of the hauler and ruined the center rubber rub strip. This is an original 48,000 mile car that had sat for the last 25 years. I took pictures of the area rubbing before he unloaded and then he would not sign for the damage. I never got anything to compensate for the damage. There is no recourse. You need to have a bullet proof written contract before you ship. You also need pictures as loaded and as received. DO NOT SIGN THE PAPERWORK UNTIL A FULL INSPECTION IS COMPLETE OFF THE TRUCK. I would go with someone with an enclosed trailer if I do it again. Don't remember cost I think $1,100 for open.

On eBay cars you can click on the shipping and the brokers will worry you to death wanting to book the shipment and give you all these great prices. When it comes time to book they all say they cannot find a carrier and the price starts going up.

For this reason the next two cars I purchased I went and got myself. I drove from N.C. to Grand Rapids MI and back non stop by myself, couple naps in rest area. The other was to Dearborn MI but it was during last years Mustang show at the Ford plant so I stayed the weekend and came back with the car and load of parts.

Anytime you turn something over to someone else you take a chance that you have no control over. Be sure you have insurance during the transport.

Horseless Carriage,

I had my green 72 shipped from Colorado to Ct,

White glove treatment, On time pickup and delivery no issues at all, Enclosed.

cost me 1800.00 worth every cent !

Some very useful info here. Thank you! Maybe now I can have a car arrive in one piece:D

I've used Passport Auto Carriers and they were great. If you deal with Hagerty Insurance, they will give you a discount.

I am looking for a honest classic car transporter that won't steal the emblems or center console (ask me why) off my cars. I am transporting two shelbys from Reno to Tacoma. Thanks for any tips

Rob
I went with Corsia Logistics a couple of years ago shipping my 73 Mach 1 from San Diego to the Texas Hill Country with flawless results. I was living/working in Korea at the time so all was handled via email. It went covered, I was kept well informed and the pickup and delivery dates were met. I would us them again in a heartbeat.

Back