Reman Carb for the R Code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mweeps

Reaction score
My Car
07 Mustang GT
First car 351 H Code 73 Mach 1 totalled in college
mweeps,

Why not have them restore the carburetor? I was going to send you to Pony Carburetors, now PonyCarburetors.com is now owned by Champion Carburetor.

http://www.ponycarburetors.com/

It might not hurt to see if they will restore your brothers carburetor. According to their website, you can send it in to be professionally rebuilt.

mustang7173

CORRECTION: 4300D spreadbore on both 1971 and 1972 R-codes. Heat stoves.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Electric choke on both the 4300A (1971 Boss 351 R-code) and the 4300D (1972 R-code 351 H.O.).

FYI, if you are not familiar with the difference between the 4300A and 4300D, I wrote a Wikipedia article on it. You might want to check it out, just to make sure you're ordering the right thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autolite_4300_carburetor

-Kurt
I'm pretty sure the Boss 351 carb is a 4300D, and both use heat stoves, not electric choke.

Steve

I'm pretty sure the Boss 351 carb is a 4300D, and both use heat stoves, not electric choke.

Steve
Thanks, Steve - you're right. Wasn't thinking straight when I posted that; was thinking of Motorcraft 2150's for some reason.

-Kurt

$300 for a re manufactured 4300D is a pretty good price if it works as it should. That's what we were paying back in the early 90's

Steve
Thanks, Steve - you're right. Wasn't thinking straight when I posted that; was thinking of Motorcraft 2150's for some reason.

-Kurt
No problem, and happy to help.

Steve

Well the Carb on dad's Boss was sent off to Pony Carbs by the previous owner and came back with the tag missing. I have heard other stories where they just use whatever carb they have handy and ship them back. You don't always get your carb back. So he will just buy one of the rmans then think about rebuilding the carb later.

Back