Remington's 71 Mach 1 Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressive. I like where your head is. The '69 dash is my favorite too.

I used the dustless blasting too and despite what I was told, it flashed by morning.

You wouldn't be in the Detroit area would you?

Impressive. I like where your head is. The '69 dash is my favorite too.

I used the dustless blasting too and despite what I was told, it flashed by morning.

You wouldn't be in the Detroit area would you?
Nah, I'm in Mississippi. Was your car outside or in a garage? It's been over a week and mine has no sign of flash rust at all. We died it as quickly as possible . The guy that did it told me they put a chemical in the water caller HoldTight 102. Apparently it's pretty expensive. He said that some dustless blasters will say they are using it but really aren't. It will flash very quickly without it.

Great job on the doors, haven't started mine yet but sure I will find some rust somewhere

Interesting on your dustless blasting, my dustless blaster actually recommended against it mainly due to water getting into the nooks and crannies.

Eventually went with glass bead blasting and epoxy primer straight after, worked well.

Great job on the doors, haven't started mine yet but sure I will find some rust somewhere

Interesting on your dustless blasting, my dustless blaster actually recommended against it mainly due to water getting into the nooks and crannies.

Eventually went with glass bead blasting and epoxy primer straight after, worked well.

Awesome! From what I gathered the water has a chemical called Holdtight 102 in it which is a rust inhibitor. We also had it completely dry in a few minutes using a commercial grade leaf blower.

Back