Remote Mirror Install

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you think the mirror in Pinto and not Mustang is bad there is another. Ford did put leather wrapped steering wheel in Mustang for 1973 Much better feel the stock wheel is so skinny. The leather wheel was also in the Pinto before the Mustang.
 Goes to show that many Ford engineers and designers were NOT the brightest bulbs on the tree back in the day. So many things could have been designed or made way better, the list is endless.

I believe that it's all a matter of internal politics, emission requirements, and bean counters controlling what options are available, as well as what model of car they are trying to push. Engineers and designers are NOT part of that equation.

Jpaz thanks for the help. my panel had 2 perfs off set from each other in the place you have yours looks good enough for my old rag top. as for ther mirrors I placed the front hole where the flat one was and had to drill a pilot hole for the rear worked out pretty good. I figure i have my chick act as the remote for the right side if it.

needs it. even at 6 foot I have a hard time reaching the other side, still looking for a grande center console but the will make it even harder if i decide to install one.

after pulling both motor and trans to replace all seals my FMX converter decided to twist the pump slots after i got it back together but she runs great with the new retro distributor with a hot-spark points conversion set up (should have done that years ago} once fmx is back in she should be spinning that back right through 4rd again.

thanks all for the input. I am blessed to have this forum, this car has been in the family since I was 5 I have had it in my stable since 2006 and now just getting to all the things I always wanted to do to it. losing the true spokes and adding rear disks was the first now im headed towards red and black interior and no leaks for a year or 2 I hope. 

mustang 62019.jpg

Back