Remove heat/ac controls from dash

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
I did a mild search but could not find this.  I am taking apart my dash (trying anyway), have the center pod loose but do not know how to separate it from the heater/ac control plate that is holding it in.   Everything is loose screw wise, do I have to remove all the connections that go to the control panel back?

Still cannot get the dash off, have pulled but I guess not hard enough so far.

You will have to disconnect everything from the back of the heater control, theres a plug on the light wires, two wires for the blower motor, the cable for the temp slider and the block of vacuum hoses should all unplug together, that heater control will not go thru the openening an has to come out front ways

I did a mild search but could not find this.  I am taking apart my dash (trying anyway), have the center pod loose but do not know how to separate it from the heater/ac control plate that is holding it in.   Everything is loose screw wise, do I have to remove all the connections that go to the control panel back?

Still cannot get the dash off, have pulled but I guess not hard enough so far.

On my 71 after I remove the Radio bezel (4 phillips head screws), the heater control is held in with 4 1/4in hex headed screws. Remove them and disconnect the rear stuff and pull right out.

Back