Repair Fender or Sheetmetal source?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 - Q-code auto - Medium Bright Yellow
Here's the question. Should I try to sell this OEM 73 Fender or use it as a sheet metal source for various fixes on the car? I mean the fender is somewhat good. I happened to clip a street sign going backwards at about 50 or so way back in my youth and ended up bumping it out and using bondo to make it look presentable. I've since replaced the fender and have no need for this one. Or do I? I could cut it up and clean up the metal and use it for scrap.

What should I do???

DSC06760.JPG

DSC06763.JPG

Darn and I was just getting over my addiction to comfort clutter. I had just started my campaign of "too much stuff is too much stuff". At the same time, I also subscribe to the long sleeve theory. You can always roll long sleeves down, but you can't roll short sleeves up.

Unless someone in the forum wants this fender, it's going back into the attic....

The surest way to make sure that you will need this old panel is to give it away or sell it.

Once something is gone, it's amazing how quickly it (would have) come(s) in handy.

I've got a few body panels like that put away myself....

Back