Replacement center caps and lugnuts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crestline

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang convertible
Ref: 73 Center caps and lug nuts
I have Crager Keystone Klassics, universal fit, 14" wheels (C554-B stamped on the back of the wheel) with center caps that use a backing plate, and bolt to the backing plate with a single center screw. I measure the small diameter of the backing plate (that is against the cnter cap when installed) at 2-1/2". The OD of the existing center cap measures at 3-1/16" since it goes over the outside of the wheel center when it is mounted in place. So I am a little confused at which diameter that i should be using when looking for replacement center caps. The replacements that I am seeing at NPD, CJ, and Scott Drake are listed as 2-1/8" diameter, spring type fit. Has anyone purchased similar center caps that are fastened to a backing plate? I'm trying to post pics, but things are a little slow on my system.
I also need lug nuts for the above universal wheels- 1/2"-20 with shank approx 3/4" long and 5/8" od that seem to be hard to find...
Any suggestions appreciated.

Summit Racing sells those wheels and may be able to help. Contact Crager, if you can find a way to do that. Chuck

Back