Replacement "stick-on" outside sport mirror glass?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfeverrr

Reaction score
My Car
'71 351C coupe
Does anyone happen to make a replacement mirror glass that just sticks on over your original piece? I could swear I've seen something like this in the past, but can't find any listings anywhere. My driver's side sport-mirror glass is cracked, and I'd love to be able to just slap a new mirror over the top of it instead of having to take the housing apart for the full replacement scenario.

If of any help, I bought 2 flat car mirrors in glass slightly bigger tha the originals, with the

reflection i wanted.

Went to the local glass company and they cuted the two pieces

with the shape on cardboard provided. They have all in house to perfectly cut and polish cuts.

Costed me like 25 bucks.

Mine were broken and damaged, couln't find any repros at the time,

so did not have much choice. Result is better than new.

I have a "wide angle" convex passenger mirror glass I got from OMS that you glue on top of the original glass. It makes a huge difference.

If of any help, I bought 2 flat car mirrors in glass slightly bigger tha the originals, with the

reflection i wanted.

Went to the local glass company and they cuted the two pieces

with the shape on cardboard provided. They have all in house to perfectly cut and polish cuts.

Costed me like 25 bucks.

Mine were broken and damaged, couln't find any repros at the time,

so did not have much choice. Result is better than new.
That was actually my original idea, but neither of the glass shops in town (small town) wanted to do it. How hard could it be???

I have a "wide angle" convex passenger mirror glass I got from OMS that you glue on top of the original glass. It makes a huge difference.
I ordered the driver's side from WCCC, but that's a great idea for the other side, thanks.

Forgot to follow up on this - the stick on mirror from West Coast Cougar Classics was the perfect solution. Super easy to put on, and a decent fit.

Thanks again for the info, guys!

Naw, more like, "we just don't do stuff like that". :chin:

I'm not sure how it would be different than doing any other glass cutting, but so be it... :whistling:

Back