Replacement Suspension Components

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
2011 Mustang GT
So my 72 doesn't have many components that are not rusty as heck...  I'm probably going to have to end up cutting or using heat to get some steering and suspension components off during the tear down process.  So just thinking ahead and looking at suspension replacement parts that I see every now and then on different sites.  I've heard some of the stuff is absolute junk and others not so bad.  

I came across this "rebuild kit" on Ebay and it's shipped from Australia.  what do you guys think of these parts and the overall cost with shipping?  What options are even out there if you want your car to look oem...not necessarily concours but no crazy modifications either?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-Suspension-Rebuild-Kit-1971-1972-1973-71-72-73-Control-Arms-Mach-1-351/271737391350?hash=item3f44cf88f6:g:lGQAAOxygo9Q5sS8&vxp=mtr

ITMike5.0, I agree with Don C.   Murphy's Law states that "Anything That Can Go Wrong...Will"! No matter if working on a Model car or a multi million dollar aircraft, things happen. Misbuilt or mispackaged parts, modifications made where the OE style parts no longer fit, or you could just be having a bad hair day where nothing goes right.

That could be a top notch company in Australia but you are going to end up spending a lot on freight charges that could be better spent on suspension components.

If you have a problem with your order then there is going to be a long delay in getting it resolved in a timely manner. We have many Forum members outside the US that only wish they had the import, duty and tax free parts availability we have.  

I would do as Don C suggested and contact Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply. He knows these cars as well as anyone and knows what we go through looking for 71-73 parts!

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=2358

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you pay sooooo much for shipping? Sure doesn’t make much sense to me. And like others have said what if something is wrong or doesn’t fit? Plus these are unknown parts over here. I would for sure check with Don from Ohio Mustang Supply, he will steer you straight.

Why would you pay sooooo much for shipping? Sure doesn’t make much sense to me. And like others have said what if something is wrong or doesn’t fit? Plus these are unknown parts over here. I would for sure check with Don from Ohio Mustang Supply, he will steer you straight.
Yeah the shipping and post order support is enough to keep me away from that.  I'm not sure why Ebay shows us stuff outside of the country in the search results.

Back