Replacement visor rod?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfeverrr

Reaction score
My Car
'71 351C coupe
The little gummy things on the end of the sun visor rods where they snug into the bracket that holds them in the middle of the windshield header have dried out and shrunk to the point where they won't stay in place. Ironically, the visors themselves are in perfect condition! Regardless, but I went ahead and ordered whole new visors from NPD anyway to fix the problem. Unfortunately, I didn't look too closely at the part, and received just the visor, no rod or gummies!

So, I've now looked at a few of the vendors, and can't find a listing on any of them for just the rods or just the gummies...so, am I just missing something? If not does anyone know where I can get those parts elsewhere? I really don't want to wrap the ends in rubber bands like we did in the old days! :-/

Thanks!

The little gummy things on the end of the sun visor rods where they snug into the bracket that holds them in the middle of the windshield header have dried out and shrunk to the point where they won't stay in place. Ironically, the visors themselves are in perfect condition! Regardless, but I went ahead and ordered whole new visors from NPD anyway to fix the problem. Unfortunately, I didn't look too closely at the part, and received just the visor, no rod or gummies!

So, I've now looked at a few of the vendors, and can't find a listing on any of them for just the rods or just the gummies...so, am I just missing something? If not does anyone know where I can get those parts elsewhere? I really don't want to wrap the ends in rubber bands like we did in the old days! :-/

Thanks!
https://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=868

i bet he has the rods too, or can get them.

I have the swivel ends and the center pins, center bracket too

Click to view: 71-73 SUNVISOR ARM ASSEMBLIES, PAIR Item #FM-BS015B/PR

71-73 SUNVISOR ARM ASSEMBLIES, PAIR

Pair of sun visor bracket and rod assemblies for coupes and fastbacks. Price: $64.95

Click to view: 70-73 SUNVISOR ANCHOR PIN Item #D3AZ-6504114

70-73 SUNVISOR ANCHOR PIN

Pin that anchors sun visor to center bracket. Price: $3.49

Add To Shopping Cart

Click to view: 71-73 CENTER SUN VISOR BRACKET Item #D1AZ-6504132

71-73 CENTER SUN VISOR BRACKET

Fastback and coupe center sunvisor bracket. Price: $13.95

Excellent! Thanks guys.

I haven't used Ohio Mustang before, but I'll be sending you an order - I greatly appreciate the help.

Back