Replacing 1973 Mach 1 wiper washer hoses

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 H code, 351 C, 2V, FMX
1973 Mach 1 H code, 351 C, 4V, C6
1973 Mach 1 Q code, 351 C, 4V, 4 Speed
My 72 and 73 Mustang has a short piece of hose that goes thru the hood, I haven't been able to find this replacement part. Does anyone know where I can get the correct part or what size grommet that I need.

thank you for answering, I have that kit, but it doesn't have the grommet. original from factory had the short hose and grommet as1piece. again thank you.

thank you for answering, I have that kit, but it doesn't have the grommet. original from factory had the short hose and grommet as1piece. again thank you.
I just dealt with the same issue on my 71. The grommet, to my knowledge, is not reproduced. If you search the forum for “washer hose routing” you will find some photos of the hoses as well as the grommet. I used those for comparison and found one similar on Amazon.

I just did this 2 weeks ago. Hose looked baked, but silicone spray made it seem like new. It had been separated from the harness, I arranged it to stay in place using the power steering line, but didn't know how to avoid crossing the hood weather stripping. I just found the grommet now, must have been separated during a previous repaint. Had a section left over, seen here on the brace. Now I can put it back to correct. 20220803_112517.jpg

We have a 1973 Mustang with just over 21.000 original miles on it, largely unmolested other than adding Classic Air A/C and dual electric fan cooling. It has a non-NACA/NASA hood. If you like I can take some photos of the washer hose routing in the event you have not found any really clear drawings. Just let me know via reply or my email at [email protected].

Back