Repro dash pads: Yeah or nay?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
Thinking of a new dash pad only because the center part that goes around the center dash pod (two "ears") has the ends messed up from age.  Other  then that my dash pad is in great condition.  I will be trying a few fixes but that is all they would be, a cover up of sort.  Are the repro dash pads any good?  I would, of course, have to dye one green (like I did my console) so probably have to go with a black one.  

dash pad 001.JPG

dash pad 002.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, sounds like I better try to repair mine the best I can, not a show car but I do want it to look as best as possible.  Will try my repair before going to a new one..

what the heck, just ordered a black "oem tooling" one from KY mustang as I realize whatever I do to fix my dash will just look like that, a "fix".  And the center part that is damaged on mine is the most prominent part of the dash pad and it is only money.  

We got the oem tooling version (I think from CJ Pony Parts, on sale).  It fit well and looks like should. 

My entire interior was pretty much shot, so I just cleaned-up/restored the hard parts, and ordered pretty much all of the repop pieces available at the time (there are more to choose from, now... of course).  The dash pad fits just fine for a driver quality car, IMHO.  I know I'll never win any purist or MCA awards, but I do have over a dozen local car show awards that say it's a hit.  :cool:

Here's Day One:

View attachment 27354

After I got it all back together with repop pieces:

View attachment 23653

Repop dash pad fits just mine, IMHO... and as I've always said, "Woodgrain is for Country Squire Station Wagons."  LOL!

View attachment 27975

Back