Retractable 2-point front seatbelts (Pics please)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Pewter Convertible 351-4V
I am looking to upfit my front, plain jane (airplane style) seat belts to retractable 2-point front belts in my convertible. I'd love to hear info on the original placement, retrofit and/or installation. I'm hoping and expecting it to be pretty straight forward. Any pictures would also be great. Looking for info, especially problems and experiences if they exist. Also input on parts resources or info on preproduction belts and vendors.

Like these.....

2-pointSB10182022.jpg

Last edited:
As no-one else has replied yet, I'll throw these names out there.
Seat Belt Planet.
Seat Belt Solutions.
There may be others, but I found some are just distributors for the above.
Also, this conversation has been on here before to work on convertibles.
IF you can go with a 3 point system, I'd definitely suggest that for safety.
I went with a set from Seat Belt Solution, via WesCo for my Mach 1, but if I were doing it again, I think I'd go to Seat Belt Planet as they do custom work as well, I believe.
A Google search might be a start.

Thanks Geoff, I appreciate the input. I've read thru allot of older threads and posts, finding allot of info on the 3-point upfit or replacements. There are allot of sourcing options for after market belts, both 2-point and 3-point variations. And some pretty crazy pricing fluctuations out there, I've found vendors as low as $80 up to $308. I'll definitely keep looking.

Back