Riverside, California - recommended convertible top replacement shops?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadwarrior

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sportroof, original V8 gage a/c 3spd car that was very unloved

1971 convertible purchased from original owner
Hi All,
Trying to get back to work on my projects, one of the three I need to tackle is getting a new top installed on my 71.

I have noted here that E-Z ON and Kee are recommended vendors. Does anyone have any other vendor names?

Also, I am going to farm this out. Does anyone in the Riverside, CA, area (or surrounding areas) have any recommendations for a shop you have used with good results on you Mustang?

Thank you for any and all input, it is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Tom

Might be a little far for you but I used a guy who is now in Desert Hot Springs: J-A Custom ulpholstery, Jose Arellano, 760-3534-3502, jarellano591. Very conscientious and thorough and excellent service on the top tune-up.

Hello RC,
Thank you for the referral, if no one has any recommendations for a closer shop I will give Jose a call.

Tom

Not Riverside, but in Tarzana, CA. Excellent work, assuming he has not yet retired. Jack's Upholstery. Well worth the drive. I hope for y0ur sake he is not yet retired. He had a young man who was learning the ropes so he could take over the shop some day, so Jack could retire.

Jack’s Auto Interiors
(818) 344-9752
18551 Topham Street
Tarzana, CA. 91335

The owner is Jack Graham. Great guy, very good work.

Make sure if you have the original analog clock that still works in your car, and you’re having the top replaced, unplug it! While the top replacer is working on the top job, your battery will drain down to a point that the points in clock will not have enough juice to rewind…the clock coils on mine years ago in a ‘69 burned out when I was having my top replaced…just sharing.

Back